Which Disney Resort is best? :)

triplemm

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!!!
Hope everyone's summer is amazing :)
I have TWO questions...because I'm going to WDW this August, and my family and I are thinking of spending 2 nights at a Disney resort (and the rest of our trip in Daytona).. so I wanna know...which resort is YOUR favourite? :)
What's your top 3 and why?? my family and I are me (17), my brother (14), my parents, and my grandparents (and we are looking for one of the cheaper ones....preferably not the value resorts like All-Star though).

oh and also a side question...which All-Star resort is your favourite?? cuz my cousins are going to the sports one but to me, movies and music sound more fun :p

My top 3 resorts are:

1. Old Key West- these are DVC villas and we rented points. It's so gorgeous! The rooms are the biggest of all of the DVC villas and we had a ton of fun with the pools as well. It's a huge layout but gorgeous, and backs up to a swamp! We thought we saw an alligator once, actually.

2. Animal Kingdom Lodge- this is also deluxe & DVC, but it's worth it considering with a savanna room, you get animals right outside your room! The food is also amazing and the shops have some really cool African merch.

3. Bay Lake Tower- also DVC but we love it for it's location right next to the Magic Kingdom.

For cheaper but not value resorts, I recommend... (these are both moderate)

1. Caribbean Beach- we like to get adjoining rooms when we stay there for the extra space, but one room is still enough! The rooms are really cool- some are Pirates themed, some are Finding Nemo. It's really cool the way the resort is laid out- each cluster of buildings represents a different Caribbean island (Barbados, Aruba, etc.) Then the shopping, restaurants, and pools are all together in one area.

2. Fort Wilderness Cabins- these are so cool! They're actual individual cabins, with driveways and everything to park your car. You can also rent a golf cart if you don't have a car with you because of the size of the property. The cabins are really roomy- there's a den area with couches, a table, and a wall bed, and a kitchen, and a hallway with a bathroom and the hallway leads to another bedroom- ours had one queen bed and then bunk beds.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I've never stayed at an All-Star, but I've always thought Movies looks the coolest since it's the most Disney related!

I normally hate All-Star Resorts (no offense to anyone who likes them), so I can't help you there. But I can give you top three of my favorites.

3. Saratoga Springs~ The DVC rooms are gorgeous and all the regular rooms are fabulous. I love the atmosphere and it has a nice lobby that already makes you feel like you are at home. I really only think that the buses are a little hectic during the night but you should be fine if you have first or second stop.

2. Animal Kingdom Lodge~ The resort is wonderful and it has a great savannah view. I love the idea of looking out to see zebras and giraffes in the morning after I wake up. I've stayed there at least twice because it's such a great resort.

1. Polynesian~ I know this is very expensive and I have only techically stayed there once. The Hawaiian theme is very enchanting.

My favorites are Cornado, polynesian, and Riverside. Do you have 6 people going? That means in most resorts you would have to get two rooms, because they usually only take 4 or 5 people per room.

My favorites are...

Polynesian- The decorating in amazing, the pool is great, and the food is AWESOME. I also like the pin station there. However it is expensive.

AllStar Sports- It's one of the cheaper ones. It isn't as fancy, but they have a good pool and great rooms, a good food court, and there's usually nice people there. :)

Wilderness Lodge- The pool is okay, but I like the beach area the best. You can't swim in the water, according to me dad there's gators, but I haven't seen one yet, the rooms are good, there's nice decorating, and the gift shop is great :woohoo: But it's also sorta expensive.

3. Saratoga springs

2. Port Orleans Riverside

1. Contemporary

But if u want something on the cheaper side I would go to Port Orleans or the new art of animation resort. I'm going there in November 2013!

Wow thanks everyone for the quick replies!

I was wondering about night time campfires and movies under the stars?
Which resorts have this and has anyone actually experienced it?? It sounds SO fun and exciting!!!!! :goodvibes

I believe Wilderness Lodge has campfires (I've never been but from things I've read you get to watch a movie, but you have to buy or bring your own smores supplies). I think most resorts have movies that you can watch on the beach (i know the Polynesian does for a fact)

As for my favorite resorts, they'd have to be the Monorail Resorts
-Contemporary: it's modern, the monorail goes through the hotel, it's business-y (they have a lot of business conventions there), and their CS is amazing
-Polynesian: it's tropical, the themeing is flawless, you get such an incredible vibe there, you can watch the fireworks from the beach because they play the music through the speakers there!
-Grand Floridian: FANCY, it's totally beautiful and lovely and amazing

and all have the perfect location.

as for the all star resorts, i personally am not a big fan of them (i've stayed at one of them before but i don't remember which one it was)

I don't know about pricing, but my favorite resort is the DVC Boardwalk. It's in a convenient location in the vicinity of shops and places to dine, and also, Epcot and Hollywood Studios are walking distance! It's also very nice inside and has a big pool and an arcade.

Lately a lot of the resorts have all been getting movies under the stars. Some have it by the pool, others by a lawn, or if there's a beach.

My favorite resort is the Yacht Club and that has movies under the stars with chairs on the beach and you watch it on a giant screen. I believe they also have the fires, although Yacht Club is a deluxe and can get pricey.

If you want cheaper the Port Orleans French Quarter is great alternative with great pools and a boat to downtown Disney. Their food court is great with benyaes (no idea how to spell that oops). They also have the movies, but theirs is on a big open lawn!

Art of Animation is also great for if you have that party of six, because the family suites will fit you all! It's a nice new clean value resort.

If Money is No Object
1. Polynesian
2. Boardwalk Inn
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge

Money-Conscious
1. Pop Century
2. Coronado Springs
3. Port Orleans French Quarter

I like All-Star Sports, personally :)

I have only been to the Caribbean beach, and Beach club resorts. But I love both of them :). They are both good and I recommend them to anyone going to Disney.

My number 1 is Port Orleans French Quarter. I love the theming and you generally don't have to walk too far to your room or the buses or whatever.

My second one would be Coronado Springs. I really like the theming here too.

My third would be Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. They are tied to me. I love the theming of both. I think it's nice seeing animals in the morning at AKL, but I also just love WL. I dunno. Lol. :P

Oh, and I have a tie between All Star Music and Movies. Probably music though. Or movies. Idk.

I just had a thought...I know you don't want to stay at a value, but maybe you could try Art of Animation? It's fairly new still, and although I haven't stayed there a lot of people come back to say its a lot cooler than it seems.
We tried Port Orleans Riverside this year and had a blast. It's got a nice pool and food court and overall just a nice relaxed atmosphere.
My absolute favorite is the Polynesian, though.

1. Grand Floridan
2. Boardwalk Inn
3. Caribbean Beach

For the All-Stars Movies has my favorite theming and it has the best All-Star food court. Like some others, I'd suggest another Pop Century instead.

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge- Hands down my favorite Disney resort and I have stayed there many times (both at Jambo and Kiadani). The African theming is great, it has some of the best food/restaurants at Walt Disney World plus I love seeing the animals!

2. Polynesian- A little more on the expensive side but I have stayed there once but it is one of my favorite resorts! I love the tropical theme (I am absolutely IN LOVE with the lobby!), it has a great pool and great restaurants. Plus, it is a monorail resort!

3. Wilderness Lodge- I have stayed here many times and it is a very nice resort! The decor is cool (I love the fire place in the lobby, so cozy :goodvibes), it has a nice pool, and it is overall a great resort!

I have never stayed at an All Star resort but if I had to choose, I would go with Music!

Contemporary is the main one everyone wants. Its so nice and modern and recently refurbished. Also with the addition of Bay Lake Tower it's that much better. You are located right on Bay Lake and are walking distance to the Magic Kingdom

Swan and Dolphin would be my choice for second best. Those hotels are beautiful inside and out. You are located between the boardwalk, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. They have great fitness facilities, my favorite pool and basketball courts. It's so nice at night to take a walk down to the boardwalk and take in the sights and sounds

So, out of the resorts I've stayed at, here they are in order of favorite to least.

1. Contemporary
2. Beach Club
3. Yacht Club
4. Port Orleans Riverside (Princess rooms)
5. Port Orleans French Quarter
6. Swan
7. Pop Century

So, out of the resorts I've stayed at, here they are in order of favorite to least.

1. Contemporary
2. Beach Club
3. Yacht Club
4. Port Orleans Riverside (Princess rooms)
5. Port Orleans French Quarter
6. Swan
7. Pop Century

Love the princess rooms :)

:hug::rolleyes1My top choice would be port Orleans riverside because it is beautiful and very senic and fun. it would be great for your family;):confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter