Which Disney movies do you watch before your trip?

madelinesmum

DIS Veteran
There is a post on this board that reminded me of the need to show DD5 some of the Disney movies before our next trip.
The younger fans don't really know who Jiminy is and may not be familiar with some of the other rides or characters roots.
Which movies do you think are "must see" in the coming weeks before a trip?

I'll typically watch any that have rides or character interaction. However some do slip through! My DD3 ran into Goliath at Hollywood and Vine and had no clue who he was - ooooops. That was completely my fault - I knew he was going to be there too but the focus was mainly on the Little Einstein characters.

My opinion...Peter Pan (definitely :goodvibes ) / Cinderella...oh there are soooo many...but those would be my top two if you are going to MK...Peter is just the wonderment of always remaining young...Cinderella just covers the Castle, wishes, many characters you may run into at the Magic Kingdom...any Winnie the Pooh movie as it is also heavily themed at MK. I could go on & on. But for a 5 year old girl...I would not skip Cinderella!

We've been watching:

Peter Pan
Lilo & Stich
Lion King
Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid
Tried to watch Snow White, but kids got too scared!
Pooh and Friends
Cars
Jungle Book
Toy Story (both)
Dumbo
Mickey and Pals movies
Playhouse Disney (on TV)

I rented some of these and have just been letting the kids watch a little of the movies on the car DVD player, just to get them in the mood and remember some of the characters. I have also rented some books from the library.

Our kids are now 21 and 19 and haven't gone with us in four years. But my husband and I always watch old home movies from Disney trips before we go. We also always watch: Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Snow White.

LOL we have all the classic Disney films and after our last trip, when we kept meeting characters we didn't know, decided we had to watch them all before we went back... we started right back at the beginning, but haven't managed to keep it up... I need to watch 2 or 3 a week now to have done it before we go.

We definately felt that there were more unusual characters out on our last trip... esp around Mickeys hat area at MGM.

No special Disney movie (because we watch them all the time and view the Disney Channel ), I normally watch our Disney Trip Videos to see what I recently shot, how well, do I need to re-do the same shot, and what I don't have that I want or need to video for our files. I like to keep updated videos especially so the kids and grandkids can see the latest going on. :thumbsup2

i watch pinocchio i watched that b4 the 1st time i went then fell in love with him lol now i will always watch it b4 i go i always watch the tv show airline aswell cos it gets me all excited bout the airport i love it yay i cant wait to go again xx

Our kids are now 21 and 19 and haven't gone with us in four years. But my husband and I always watch old home movies from Disney trips before we go. We also always watch: Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Snow White.

if i was 21 or 19 i wood insist my mum and dad took me with them to WDW lol actually i wood still be insistin wen i was 70 so....:lmao:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Having a 5yo try to memorize the each dwarf's name is a treat in itself.

ALWAYS Mary Poppins and Beauty & the Beast for myself. Aladdin for DH.

I rented tower of terror from the library
will also be watching Haunted Mansion and Pirates

Aladdin,Tarzan and little mermaid. these are very special movies to use and our up comming trip.:banana: and of course we watch the vacation planning DVD.

I had my 2 youngest watch Mary Poppins about a week before we went so they knew who she was & it worked DD wanted a pic with her as soon as she saw her. #2DS just wanted a pic with the penguin.

Last year and this year we watched all the Pixar movies.

As far as the Disney classics, I think watching all the movies that are in Mickey's Philharmagic (Little Mermaid, Phantasia, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast) is a good start. :goodvibes

I showed the girls Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy so they would no be scared and want to go on the ride....they chickened out anyways (age 3 and 10)

If we're going to a character meal, I check the list of usual characters in the dining section at allearsnet.com to be sure my kids know the ones who will be there.

Before our first trip, I realized that our youngest child recognized the classic Disney characters but had not seen very many of the old cartoons so we checked out some videos with Donald Duck, Chip & Dale, Pluto, and Mickey & Minnie from the Library.

I think the Sing-Along Songs "Disneyland Fun" is an excellent video / DVD for kids going to Disney world for the first time and who do not know quite what to expect. Disneyland is similar to Magic Kingdom so the video is very applicable. My youngest can "melt down" when faced with too many new things all at once. She studied that video intently. There is a Sing-Along songs in the Animal Kingdom and there is a "Camp-out at Walt Disney World" but they're not as good. There is an older "Barbie at Epcot" video that we watched once and sold on eBay because it was so incredibly irritating. You can get used VHS copies of these for almost nothing on amazon.com.

We also check out what WDW related TV using the wonderful schedule at http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv/agenda.php3?modeagenda=soon

We watch a lot of Disney movies year round, but I'd say the most important for us are:

*Cinderella (explains most of MK)
*Peter Pan
*Toy Story (either one/both)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter