Which disney hotel?

twinton

Earning My Ears
HI we are looking to go in the oct half term, 7 of us, 5 adults & 2 7year olds.
we want to stay at a disney hotel but not sure which one is best.

we are happy to pay a good price for a good hotel. we don't want a basic hotel, a little luxury but at a affordable price.

we have been looking at the Caribean, Coronado or Port Orleans.
at a push if the price is right Animal Kingdom is our dream????

Of the hotels you mention we have stayed in CB and AKL - quite a few years ago now. CB is very nice but I felt that it is a lot of money for what it is and if you are wanting a bit of luxury I don't think this fits the bill. AKL is fab, but highly recommend a savannah view room which does put the cost up. (With 7 of you two rooms will be needed).

You haven't said how long you are going for and if you are planning on doing Seaworld or Universal etc but if you are it might be an idea thinking about staying off-site for half the time leaving you more £££'s to stay in a deluxe hotel at Disney :confused3

Have you looked at WL? This is one we want to stay at - the themeing is great :thumbsup2

Good luck with the planning :goodvibes

Tracey

We stayed at AKL last year and not in a savannah room. I personally dont think you need to stay in a savannah room as you can walk around the hotel to see the animals!

We booked through www.disneyworld.co.uk and you just pay the deposit on the room.

Another option is if you still cant decide why dont you do a split stay? We stayed at AKL and GF last year. This year we have gone all out and will be staying just at GF:rotfl2:

Have fun planning

sorry what's WL? which hotel is this.
we are planning on doing as many sites as we can fit in. myself & hubby went for honeymoon & stayed on ID but didn't like it that much.

we have thought about one week at one hotel one week at another but feel we would lose a day moving & for what.

we have all done the disney hotel in paris & found it to be amazing so would love the same sort of place.

I agree that the moderates aren't exactly luxury establishments.

that said, we very much enjoyed our stays at Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed in the Bayou section, in the building closest to the main building.

We all enjoyed the pool, fishing and renting bikes there.
And the landscaping is such that you really don't realize that you're at disney at all. Not even in florida for that matter.

But i wouldn't call it luxurious.

You can sometimes get a very good rate for the AKL or WL. Of those two, I much prefer the WL, but it's a very subjective thing. Some people prefer the AKL, others the WL.
You probably can't go wrong either way.

Hi, the Grand Floridan is probably most like the Disneyland hotel with the Victorian theming however for 5 adults and 2 children I would imagine you would be looking at having to pay around £10,000 for 14 nights with flights. (not including tickets)

The AKL is the best priced deluxe if you really want a deluxe.

I think that Port Orleans looks very nice even though it is not a deluxe.

We have stayed at the DLH castle club however could not afford a deluxe at WDW for 14 nights, after we have paid for long haul flights and park tickets, the price adds up too to much, so we decided to stay at Port Orleans instead and I am happy with our choice,

We have stayed at POR and AKL and out of the two I prefer POR.

AKL is a lovely resort and waking up in the morning with giraffes outside your room is great. The rooms are nicely decorated and are slightly bigger than the POR rooms. The pool is nice and big too.
Boma is also a great place to eat for breakfast and dinner. We didn't try Jiko.
The food court at AKL is a bit limited compared to POR though.

POR is a lovely resort. The landscaping is really nice with a nice contrast between the neatly presented mansions section and the more rustic bayou section. Eaven though it's a large resort it never seems to feel busy, even when we went in August.
Rooms are basic but have everything you need, including a small fridge. Given the amount of time you spend in the room they are perfectly adequate :)
A big plus for us at POR was the quiet pools. They are a great way to spend an afternoon relaxing and cooling down. The main pool are is nice too if you want a bit more action. There is a nice pool bar too.
The food court at POR is really good - plenty of choice and more than enough places to sit.
If you do want a more formal meal Boatwrights makes a nice change. There is also a bar where a live piano player entertains some nights.

Forgot to mention that you can get 5 in the rooms at POR. There is a small pull-out trundle bed.

WL is Wilderness Lodge :)

We had a look around it when we were over in December and it looks really good - didn't see the rooms however.

I think I recall that you can have your bags moved for you when you are going from one Disney hotel to another - means you don't lose a day at the parks. Someone might be able to clarify this for you.

Tracey :goodvibes

Yes, if you split your stay between Disney resorts Bell Services will transfer your luggage for you. You just head off to the parks from your first resort and then return to your second resort in the afternoon to check in. Your bags will be delivered to your room as soon as you let Bell Services know your room number :)

We have stayed at PO & WL. I think the 'luxuriousness' of the hotels is not necessarily in the rooms ( not much difference really in the 2 we stayed in) - but in the landscaping, facilities & nearness to parks! We enjoyed both but our dd still remembers catching the boat to Mk from WL & would pick WL in preference just because of this!!

We stayed at CSR, one of the 'worst' rooms out the back overlooking the parking lot but we loved it. The resort is very pretty with a large pool and smaller quiet pools. The buffet breakfast at Maya Grill is excellent and there are lots of facilities and bikes etc. to hire.

We are booked to go again in October a week there and a week at GF. My DS said he wasn't going if he HAD to go to AKL or the Polynesian for the first week?????? LOL

Enjoy your trip wherever you choose, from reading on the disboards there seem to be more good responses to every resort than bad!

We stayed and POR last time and are going back again this year. We love everything about this resort, the rooms are nice and big, grounds are fantastic and because the resort is so big it never seems busy, the bar has a great atmosphere in the evenings and they have a really good shop on site. Good luck with the decision making!

We have stayed in values, mods and deluxes, now we do not stay in mods, they are really not much better than the values, they have a firdge and the rooms are slighter bigger, but not worth the extra amount.

Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) is my favourite follwed by the Poly. Wilderness Lodge (WL) is convienence for MK as it has the boats taking you across the lake, but it does not have the same 'magic' as the AKL.

I would do either AKL or consider a split at say POP (newest fo the value resorts) and then AKL. If you want a mod then Port Orleans French Quarter is the smallest for children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter