Which Disney Cruise is your Favorite?

RuthieT

DIS Veteran
Which one is your favorite and would recommend to first time cruisers with 2 kids 11 and 5?

You might want to look a bit at prices/your budget and consider which port you want to sail from, time of year etc. so many factors to consider to help you decide which cruise will work for you. You can also search or Google the navigators for various cruises so you can see what there is to do each day. Also, what ports of call are you interested in? For me, I currently live in Texas and can't wait to escape the August heat on my first dcl to Alaska. Other people can't wait to escape the cold in February to Mexico. Hope that helps!

Well, Alaska. But I'm guessing you want the Caribbean, which I would rate:

- Southern
- Western (I am one of those weird people that likes it better, as long as it doesn't include Jamaica)
- Eastern
- Bahamas

When you're first timers, everything is new and different. Personally, we're tired of the Caribbean, so our favorite Disney cruises have been the Panama Canal and Hawaii. Our favorite destination is Alaska (5 times on 3 different cruise lines.)

Panama Canal
Greek Islands (venice to barcelona)
Mediterranean
Baltic
Southern Caribbean
East / West Caribbean (tie)
Alaska
Bahamas

However if I were looking at a first time with young kids I would do Caribbean with stop at Castaway Cay. I would look at itinerary and shore excursions to determine which one.

My kids are 12 and 5. We've done the Wonder and Dream 4 nighter to the Bahamas and the Fantasy 7 night to Eastern Caribbean. The Fantasy was my favorite. I liked the longer cruise. Didn't feel rushed. We got back 9/5 and my kids are still missing the ship and ask almost daily when are we going back. I wanted to do the Magic next for a "grand slam'' but find myself leaning towards another Fantasy cruise. No matter which one you go with you won't be disappointed.

My first cruise was a 5 night cruise out of Miami, stopping at Cozumel and Castaway Cay. I thought it was perfect for a first cruise. With two sea days it gave us the feeling of a longer cruise without having to commit to a full week.

I have a really hard time to say which of my four cruises so far is my favourite as that changes with my mood. All were so wonderful that I would repeat them in a heartbeat.

We did the 7 night Western Caribbean on the Magic with our 11 and 5 year olds! We loved it! The kids loved the kids clubs and the stop at Castaway Cay. This was our first ever cruise and we wanted one of the smaller ships. The Magic had just come out of a dry dock not long before. It was beautiful! We didn't do a lot in the way of excursions as we wanted the kids to just get a feel for the culture and people. We did do the sting rays in the Grand Cayman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter