• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Dinner Show is Best??

NCDisneyPlanner

Earning My Ears
We are heading to the world in Oct. 2008 and we would like to take our boys (ages 4 & 8) to a dinner show this time. Which one is best for boys this age, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show?? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

We have been to one Luau in all our trips, 39th this past September but over 20 Hoop Dee Do Revues. We prefer the food, the corny show and the whole atmosphere of the old western FW. Pioneer Hall is just great inside, the rolling show is very funny and the American cowboy quisine is all American, we usually stay at the WL and the short boat ride over is quick and easy, its very pleasant at FW and we also enjoy Trails End buffet and Crocketts Tavern pizza there too, right next door to Pioneer Hall where the HDDR is held. Hope this helps!

Hoop-de-do is terrific. A 4 year old won't get many of the jokes. Even an 8 year old won't get a lot of them. But they'll find it entertaining.

We have done the luau twice and the HDDR 3 times. We prefer the HDDR because the last time we did the luau we were staying at the POFQ and had the last show. Well, to get back to our room (this was mid-August) we had to get a bus to DTD and then hook up with a bus to POFQ. In all, it took about 1 1/2 to get back to the room. Transportation from Pioneer Hall to the resorts is just simplier. However, we are doing the luau in 8/08 because we are staying at the Poly, and only because we are staying at the Poly.

We have done the luau twice and the HDDR 3 times. We prefer the HDDR because the last time we did the luau we were staying at the POFQ and had the last show. Well, to get back to our room (this was mid-August) we had to get a bus to DTD and then hook up with a bus to POFQ. In all, it took about 1 1/2 to get back to the room. Transportation from Pioneer Hall to the resorts is just simplier. However, we are doing the luau in 8/08 because we are staying at the Poly, and only because we are staying at the Poly.

Just take the monorail at the Poly to the CR, out the back door of the resort to the boat dock and a boat away from FW and the HDDR. If you really wanted the Hoop over the Luau, take one of the first 2 seating to return by boat otherwise the last seating the boats sometimes aren't running and a short walk is necessary to get a bus back to your resort but its all great fun after the Hoop Dee Do.

On our next trip we are doing both. We have done HDDR 5 times but never the lua...i hope from reading all these posts, we are not too disappointed.

Wow....thank you all so much! There obviously is absolutely no question about it...we will be doing the HDDR!! You all are great. Thank you for the input!!:cheer2:

Fantasmic or Hoop-Dee-Do. :]

Just to clarify...Fantasmic! isn't a dinner show. They offer a 'dinner package' with this show. Basically, you dine at one of the 3 restaurants that participate and you get to sit in a special reserved section of the Amphitheater without having to arrive early.

We've done both and thoroughly enjoyed HDDR the best. When I was younger, my Dad was actually called up on stage to prance around in a tu-tu. He had taken his whole company and their families, and I think it might have been pre-arranged before the show. It's one of my most embarrassing childhood memories. :sad2:

NC - Last November we took our three grandchildren to the Hoop-de-doo.
My grandson was 4 and he absolutely loved it! He was laughing so hard that he had us and the tables around us laughing (little did he know it was at him!). I've never been to the Luau but the HDDR gets a big thumbs up from us.

Hoop Dee Do gets my vote. The boys will get a kick that the food comes in metal buckets and the show is more lively. But we did have a good time at Aloha as well. Good luck with your choice and have a good time.

Of the 2 luau shows I have been too, enjoyed the show and the food. No complaints from me.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter