• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which deluxe resorts have nice pools?

Rosebud123

DIS Veteran
Right now have 10 "magical" nights booked at the end of August - 5 at YC and 5 at Poly. We're a family that really enjoys long pool breaks. I was very excited for the Poly (staying at a monorail resort, QS options, and new pool), but from the latest videos/pictures the Poly pool looks pretty small and very crowded! Other than SAB, any other pool suggestions?

Thanks!

Right now have 10 "magical" nights booked at the end of August - 5 at YC and 5 at Poly. We're a family that really enjoys long pool breaks. I was very excited for the Poly (staying at a monorail resort, QS options, and new pool), but from the latest videos/pictures the Poly pool looks pretty small and very crowded! Other than SAB, any other pool suggestions?

Thanks!
I've stayed at all of the Deluxe Resorts and the only one that left me underwhelmed was the CR pool. It just did nothing for me. Some people don't care for the "scary clown pool" at BWI, but I like it. However, I would not switch resorts based solely on the pool unless the main pool was being rehabbed during my planned stay.

we've stayed at all the deluxe resorts except WL and found all the pools to be nice. We like the pool set up at the GF. both pools have zero entry, cabanas are available and the slide is fun. we aren't huge fans of SAB with our 5 year old. I can't keep an eye on him unless i am in the pool next to him the whole time. whereas at the poly or the GF or BWI he can do the slide or swim from one side to the other while i watch and chat with my husband on the stairs or something.

Stormalong Bay is awesome, as you know. Very large and meandering, which is a plus or a negative depending upon your children and their age/ability to swim/need for supervision.

In the MK area, we like the pools at the GF. Like jcjen said both are beautiful and convenient with zero entry. Also, there is a neat water play area for children. One pool is in the courtyard at the GF and the other is by the beach.

I also like the pools at AKL. Jamba house pool is very pretty, IMO, and conveniently close to Mara (CS restaurant). I like the hot tub we used there. We may have been lucky but we often found it available all to ourselves.

The grotto pool at the swan/Dolphin is nice also, IMO.

I'm not a fan of the Creepy Clown at BWI. The quiet pool is OK, though.

CR pool is very plain, but it has a nice slide and looks over Bay Lake. I didn't expect to like it, but we enjoyed our time at the pool there. It was never crowded and very peaceful. There is play area for little kids as well.

I like the pools at ALK and WL. I've used the CR pool an it was pretty ordinary. Looking forward to YC this summer and the pool complex there.

Stormalong Bay receives guests from 2 hotels, though. But they check your MB when you arrive.

I think they just added a fence around the Poly pool. I heard that there was a lot of "illegal pool hoppers" at the Poly pool before the refurbishments... now that you need your MB to access, it shouldn't be that bad.

IMO, it should make a little difference in the "crowds".

Thanks!

Obviously SAB was awesome, Poly pool was cool, BW pool was fun, SS had awesome pools, AKL pools were awesome as well. WL looks fun, just haven't used it yet.

Out of the deluxes, we've stayed at WL, AKL, BC, Poly, and GF while I think all of them have nice pools, the Poly pool is our favorite. We didn't find it to be overly crowded like others have experienced and having a view of the castle from the pool is amazing. Next in line as favorites for us would be the pools at WL and AKL as we like them both equally. We found the GF pool to be ok and while I'm glad we were able to try SAB at the BC, we weren't wow'd by it.

Out of the deluxes, we've stayed at WL, AKL, BC, Poly, and GF while I think all of them have nice pools, the Poly pool is our favorite. We didn't find it to be overly crowded like others have experienced and having a view of the castle from the pool is amazing. Next in line as favorites for us would be the pools at WL and AKL as we like them both equally. We found the GF pool to be ok and while I'm glad we were able to try SAB at the BC, we weren't wow'd by it.

Agree 100% with this. Being able to see the castle while in the pool is magic personified for our family. Not to mention the fact that you can also watch the EWP and Wishes!

I think all of the deluxe resort pools are nice. It's more a matter of personal preference. I will agree on the CR pool. I LOVE the CR, but the pool is so shallow an adult really can't swim.

I don't think the Poly looks smaller than it was before, personally, and, with it being gated now to keep out the interlopers, it will likely be less crowded than it used to be.

We were at the Poly 2 years ago over Memorial Weekend and the pool never felt crowded. I thought it was a pretty large pool too.

We enjoyed both pools at AKL, but if you have small kids the pool area at Kidani is amazing. They have the best splash area I have seen anywhere at Disney.

Beach Club has what many folks consider to be the best pool of all the resorts. (It has a real sand bottom, too.) :)

Completely agree with this post!

AKL has the best pool in Disney. You will not be disappointed. Beach Club is nice but it's enclosed and always packed. At the AKL you can come back from the park at 2pm and find a spot by the pool. Plenty of chairs and it's massive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter