which Deluxe resort??

tallvine

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip w/ my dh for November 2013 - the week before Thanksgiving. 4 nights at Disney ( for me) then we're driving to Key West
( for him). this is our first trip anywhere w/ no kids since 2008 so we are splurging on the hotels. DH is not a Disney fan and he likes a hotel w/ alot of excitement. I love the GF but I'm afraid he'll think its a little too "Laura Ashley-ish ". I 've stayed at the Poly - not a big fan. would love to try the contemporay but to be honest it just seems a little too stark... then was thinking the Yacht club as we could walk to epcot but I love the idea of the monorail... since it will be late Nov I'm hoping the resorts may be decorated for Christmas... yikes!! any suggestions and can someone sell me on the contemporary??

I have only stayed at BLT, but would definitely like to stay at the Contemporary. I like the modern "retro" vibe there, and the dining options. I think the concourse is pretty fun. My favorite area to stay however, is the Epcot resorts. If your DH likes a lot of action, you might want to look into the Swan & Dolphin. Great dining options and bars, beautiful pool and great pool bars. Uh oh..I said bars twice. What could that mean? I also love the BC for SAB. Haven't stayed at Yacht Club, but certainly would. I like BW a lot, but candidly for what I can pay at the Swan & Dolphin, I've converted.

How about trying the Wilderness Lodge, or Boardwalk. At the Boardwalk you are near Epcot and have water and land options for travelling around to the parks. The Wilderness Lodge has the same. As does the Yacht Club Resort.

Taking everything you said as a whole, I'm eliminating GF but leaving Contemporary and Polynesian since you said that you'd like to be on the Monorail. As far as excitement, I'd think that the Boardwalk, Contemporary, or the Polynesian. I know that you said the Polynesian wasn't your thing, but it is on the Monorail and perhaps would be a good choice to get him more hooked on the World since he obviously likes the Keys-laid back-vibe (just making an implication that since you are stopping at DW for you that he isn't that into it.) The Contemporary has a lot going on with the Monorail going through it and being right next door to MK. The Boardwalk has all of those evening activities and excitement right outside your hotel room. Have a great trip!

idea of the monorail... since it will be late Nov I'm hoping the resorts may be decorated for Christmas... yikes!! any suggestions and can someone sell me on the contemporary??

everything should be decorated in late Nov.

if you want the cr -
here a fan site
http://www.contemporaryresort.net/

that say think he would be happier at BWV - it has lots of night time entertainment. you can walk to both Epcot and Studios (or ride a very slow boat) from BWV.

here some for bw
http://www.tipsfromthedisneydiva.com/2012/12/disneys-boardwalk-resort-villas-review.html

http://allears.net/btp/brdenter.htm

I'm planning a trip w/ my dh for November 2013 - the week before Thanksgiving. 4 nights at Disney ( for me) then we're driving to Key West
( for him). this is our first trip anywhere w/ no kids since 2008 so we are splurging on the hotels. DH is not a Disney fan and he likes a hotel w/ alot of excitement. I love the GF but I'm afraid he'll think its a little too "Laura Ashley-ish ". I 've stayed at the Poly - not a big fan. would love to try the contemporay but to be honest it just seems a little too stark... then was thinking the Yacht club as we could walk to epcot but I love the idea of the monorail... since it will be late Nov I'm hoping the resorts may be decorated for Christmas... yikes!! any suggestions and can someone sell me on the contemporary??

Contemporary definitely has a lot of excitement, very high energy and quintessential Disney World feel. Large rooms, on the monorail, great dining options, walkable to MK.

I'd also suggest you consider BWI. The atmosphere on the Boardwalk is very high energy, and you'd have all the dining/shopping/recreation options of all the Epcot hotels in easy walking distance. I think it's a great choice for a no-kids stay.

Check out the Wilderness Lodge. It will be beautiful at that time of year.

If your DH wants excitement then you should check out one of the Epcot resorts, the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk. They are a 5 -10 minute walk to Epcot and a short boat ride or walk to Hollywood Studios. There are some fun nighttime activities on the boardwalk, including Jellyrolls Comedy Club and Atlantic Dance Hall. Thee are also street performers on the boardwalk on select nights. And with a short stroll to get to the World Showcase, there will be plenty of activity for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter