Which Deluxe Resort to choose ?

HappyFingers

Mouseketeer
im going goofey eyed from all the choices :scared1:

Basically my wife and 2 kids would be wanting somewhere that has a great pool, lots of dining options, and good access to the theme parks.

ive tried using the search feature but it was giving me grief
when i seach best resort if gave me nil results

im certain this topic must of been discussed thousands of times

:confused3

i would really appreciate your opinion over which is the best deluxe resort for a small family, could you use the full name instaed of dfn or ghr :rotfl: ? thats just as confusing, its like reading nasa documents :eek:

cheers all

Basically my wife and 2 kids would be wanting somewhere that has a great pool, lots of dining options, and good access to the theme parks.

That would be the Polynesian, IMO, though I have only visited and never stayed there, it's my dream!

You would be on the monorail and there are lots of dining options along with an awesome pool.

If that's out of your price range you can always look at Wilderness Lodge, which has all the above, but boat, not monorail, service to Magic Kingdom. You would then take two monorails to Epcot. Or, you could use the resort bus to get to Epcot and the other parks.

Another option is Beach Club, where you can take a quick five minute stroll into Epcot or hop a boat to Hollywood Studios. I have also gone into Epcot from Beach Club and taken two monorails to Magic Kingdom, but it's just as easy to hop on the bus from the resort itself.

Going to Animal Kingdom is always going to be by bus no matter which resort you choose.

Looking at this post I hope I haven't confused you more! Good luck!

I would suggest Beach Club. It has the best pool, hands down (although I hear the new Kidani Village pool rivals it, but I haven't been yet). You have the dining at the resort, plus the Boardwalk area, plus it's a 5 minute walk into the World Showcase at Epcot and all those restaurants (I love going to the French pastry shop in the morning for breakfast when I stay at Beach Club :))

You can walk to Epcot, take a boat to Studios and get a bus to MK (you could do the monorail but it would take longer and be more of a hassle unless you just like the experience of the monorail).

In reality though, I really don't think you could go wrong with a deluxe resort, they are all unique and each family has their own favorite. It is worth mentioning that Wilderness Lodge has the highest rate of repeat guests, it is definitely a favorite and in my book it's neck to neck with the Beach Club.

im going goofey eyed from all the choices :scared1:

ive tried using the search feature but it was giving me grief
when i seach best resort if gave me nil results

im certain this topic must of been discussed thousands of times

:confused3

i would really appreciate your opinion over which is the best deluxe resort for a small family, could you use the full name instaed of dfn or ghr :rotfl: ? thats just as confusing, its like reading nasa documents :eek:

cheers all

One of the monorail resorts would probably be the best. We've stayed at two of the three, the Contemporary and the Polynesian (we've not tried the Grand Floridian--just too "fancy" for us). Of the two we've stayed at, we prefer the Polynesian over the Contemporary. Great food options, great rooms, great pool, beach to watch the fireworks over the Castle, great theme, beautiful grounds, and great Ceremonial House.

The Poly sounds like it would fit the bill! I have stayed there and it has everything it seems like you are looking for.

We are a Poly family, cannot imagine staying anywhere else!

But based on your criteria, I think ya'll would like Yacht Club or Beach Club the best. Amazing pool, walking distance to Epcot and easy travel to DHS, plus you have all those awesome Epcot restaurants right there! Not to mention the Boardwalk.

ok thanks people

its looking like the beach club
the poly looks nice but im not sure the inhouse resturants suit our taste

being that we have never been there it can be a bit daunting to try and figure out where to stay

7nights with the park hopper comes to around 4k US dollars which is within our budget :scared1:

who knows :confused3 soon AU$ might be worth more than US$ :lmao: :rolleyes1

How old are your children? If they are young, I think staying on the monorail is a must. Being on the monorail also gives you quick access to restaurants at all 3 of the monorail resorts. We have stayed at Grand Floridian and Polynesian and loved them both. I tend to like the atmosphere of the Grand Floridian but my boys and DH like the Polynesian best and I think the pool is better there than at the Grand Floridian.

The kids wanted to try the Wilderness Lodge for our Dec. trip and I am excited to try something new since I have heard great things about it.

At the Contemporary you would be staying within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom since they have a walkway which goes there. Besides that in terms of dining locations there is the California Grill, Chef Mickey's, The Wave and the Contempo Cafe. Plus their whole pool area was just renovated and they added a brand new kids splash play area. Finally their rooms are among the largest of the Deluxe Resorts at 436 SQ FT.

I would suggest the Polynesian ;)......it's on the monorail, has a great pool with a view of the castle, the beach is a great place to watch the fireworks, Captain Cooks is great for counter service meals, and the rooms are big.......with all rooms having a day bed....which is great with 2 kids as each can have their own bed :goodvibes. Plus being on the monorail makes it easy to visit the Contemporary and/or Grand Floridian resorts for shopping or dining :). Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

We've stayed at the GF, Poly, BC and YC. With your criteria I would definitely go with either BC or YC. The pool at the Yacht and Beach Club can't be beat, you are in walking distance of all the great restaurants at EPCOT and you can take the ferry to EPCOT or DHS or walk. The buses to MK are only shared with YC (at least every time we went). You are also within walking distance of the Boardwalk.

Have fun!

We took our nieces to the Poly and they loved it! The themeing, the volcano pool, the arcade, awesome restaurant choices...it was the ideal resort for all of us.

The next one I want to take them to is the BC...while DH and I have stayed there before and have not been thrilled with it I think the girls will love the pool area and the movies on the beach.

I'm going to go with the Beach Club or Yacht Club recommendation. We stayed at Beach Club three weeks ago, and the pool is incredible. We also loved being so close to both Epcot and DHS. The Boardwalk has many great dining options as well as very fun nighttime entertainment.

I would suggest the Polynesian also.

We were thinking the same options as you for our first trip in 2000 when my daughters were 6 & 9 and the Polynesian seemed to fit our needs.
After our first visit It succeeded our expectations tremendously!!

After a few split stays with some other resorts, the Polynesian remains to be our favorite and where we stay for our entire trips now.

Here to represent Team Polynesian!! There is so much fun and I think that anyone can appreciate it no matter what age you are. You can see the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom while on the beach at night and they even pipe in the music that goes with it! The pool is awesome, it is easy to get to the Magic Kingdom, and the dining options are really good. You said it doesn't look like it suits your taste and I can totally understand because I am a vegetarian. They are awesome at accommodating you no matter what you want to eat. I can't wait until I get to go back :)

Definitely Beach Club/Yacht Club. The pool is amazing and there is so much to do in the area.

Which theme parks do you plan on spending most of your time visiting? If it's MK and Epcot, you'll definitely want a monorail resort (GF, CR, Poly).

If it's Epcot and DHS, go with one of the Crescent Lake resorts (BW, YC, BC, Swan, Dolphin).

Either way, don't worry about food choices at your specific resort. If you stay at Poly, for example, you're just a few minutes away from all the restaurants of CR and GF by monorail. And if you need even more choices, you can take the monorail to CR and then catch the boat to WL and FW. Very fast, very easy.

If you go with BC or one of the other resorts in that area, all of those resorts are within easy walking distance of one another, or you can use boat transportation to go from resort to resort.

If you do in fact choose BEACH/Yacht, keep in mind you are only steps from the wonderful offerings at Epcot.
Also, a few steps in the other direction is the Dolphin & Swan, which feature a number of excellent restaurants:

Shula's steak house.
Todd English's Blue Zoo.
Fountains.
Kimono's.. etc

You find a more than ample supply of great places to eat, all within a short to medium walk.
And I haven't even touched on the short boat ride to Disney Hollywood Studios (fka MGM) which offers:

Sci-Fi drive in (Youngans love it & the food is good)
50's Prime time diner
Momma Melrose
Brown Derby (not my favorite, but very popular)

These should keep you entertained for the length of your stay!
I personally enjoy Chef De France @ Epcot & Le Cellar in Canada. (although that one is a tough ticket)

Enjoy your stay~

Poly or WL gets my vote! Both are beautiful resorts, have great pools, and good access to the parks.

At the Poly, you can hop on the monorail to the MK, walk over to the TTC to get on the Epcot monorail, or hop on a bus to DHS or AK.

At WL, you can ride the boat to FW, the Contemporary, or the MK, or ride the bus to any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter