Which DDP with a CL stay?

gavsgirl

Mouseketeer
We always use a DDP when we go, we usually select the deluxe plan as we like to know we have breakfast lunch and dinner credits available to us. Now, that being said, do you think that staying CL ( Grand Floridian / Sugarloaf) I could knock it down to the next level down or is it not a good idea to plan on supplementing with what's available through CL? We have never stayed CL before so I'm not sure what's available. Is there a menu?

I think that it depends if you all like to order appetizers at meals, and if you prefer TS over CS. We stayed CL at teh BC so we chose not to buy the DxDDP. I figured that with the continental breakfast in the morning and the appetizers before our dinner we woudl be okay. I regretted it after. My DH had a mutiny after two days of fruit, pastry and oatmeal and went with my DSIL down for a "real breakfast", and we ended up ordering appetizers to share with dinner. My DH was so darn confused by what he "could" have that if I was not so amused I would have felt badly. FOr some reason the man paying for the entire thing could nto gras teh concept of "you can have anything you want". WE also booked additional meals so I think that even though we had calculated the costs and decided OOP for all of teh extra's was a better deal, we did not account for the reality of how we would eat while there.

If you are fine with CS for lunch or dinner, and you would not feel deprived with continental breakfast, like my DH and DSIL did, I would say the CL option would cover you.

The menus are available on the resorts board, so I suggest you head over there to check them out. The offerings are noce, but I do not think they take teh place of a eal meal except for breakfast. I would break down the difference between the cost of DDP and DxDDP and the cost of CL. Given a choice I woudl skip CL and choose the DxDDP if you are booking that level for food. I do not think the food is worth the cost. The rest of the amenities that go with that level of stay may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter