Which Day would you go to the Magic Kingdom?

Which day for the Magic Kingdom?

• Monday June 6, 2004

• Tuesday June 7, 2004

• Wednesday June 8, 2004

Results are only viewable after voting.

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
We are staying offsite so no extra magic hours for us. Which of the above dates would be best to go? Why?

Everything I've ever read says don't go to MK on a monday, busiest day. And I wouldn't want to wait until wednesday! :love:

Lori

I agree with snyderla. Think about it. Most people arrive on Sunday, and most people want to head to MK first. I guess the psychology of it being that it was the first theme park, so it would stand to reason that you would head there first. So Tuesday would be my choice. You are probably thinking by my very reasoning it would seem that Tuesday should be busier. Well I think those of us here on DIS are true Disneyholics, and therefore plan the heck out of our stays at the house of mouse. This being true means that while there may be crouds there on Tuesday, they are organized, and moving well from one place to another. :cool1: How is that for logic? :teeth:

I wonder if anyone ever analyzed "The Disney Freak"!! :confused3

Tuesday because Monday is always one of the busiest says and Wednesday (as of now) is an extra magic hour day which will be busy.

I always have to go the first day that I'm there I just can't stay away from it.

The Unofficial Guide recently completed a survey of the WDW touring habits of more than 350 families under the new EMH schedule. Tuesday was by far the slowest day for the MK (2nd slowest was Saturday - worst was Sunday, IIRC). Go Tuesday.

More details on the survey shortly.

Len

I would go Sept 14th. Low crowds, good weather, hotel rates also low.
Just messing around - go with Tuesday.

Len,
What about Friday's?
Specifically Friday, April 29. The guide says it's a day to avoid the MK, but it also says the overall crowd level should only be a 3.
Would you expect it to really make a big difference?
If so, we'll wait and go on Saturday the 30th. Is is really less crowded on a Saturday than on a Friday?

I would go Tuesday (and we are going on Tuesday March 8th). My "reasoning" is the EMH are on Wednesday at the MK, so those of us who are not using park hoppers - probably won't go on any other day than EMH, so what better day to go than the day BEFORE EMH. Pretty foxy thinking there :)

lentesta said:
The Unofficial Guide recently completed a survey of the WDW touring habits of more than 350 families under the new EMH schedule. Tuesday was by far the slowest day for the MK (2nd slowest was Saturday - worst was Sunday, IIRC). Go Tuesday.

More details on the survey shortly.

Len
Thanks Len!
I was hoping you might reply!

Hey Len,
If you were also going to a water park(TL) and Disney Quest...do you think Monday or Wednesday would be any better or worse at either? I didn't figure it would make a difference which day for those things, I was only worried about MK but I'm interested in your thoughts.....Or anyones thoughts on the subject!

I don't think a weekday in September would be particularly bad for a water park, cruisnfamily. All the kids will be back in school. Choose Monday or Wednesday.

mill4023, a crowd level of 3 is pretty low, so I wouldn't sweat the day unless it was a Sunday. You should be fine.

Len

lentesta said:
I don't think a weekday in September would be particularly bad for a water park, cruisnfamily. All the kids will be back in school. Choose Monday or Wednesday.
My monday/wednesday is not in September....I'm going in June. The 5th thru the 9th specifically. Looks like the 7th(Tues) for MK, which leaves the 6th(mon) or the 8th(wed) for a water park and DQ. We'll play that by ear I guess. The crowds will probably be bad no matter what at MK. I'm hoping the water park and DQ won't be too bad.

Ah, rats. Sorry about that. I still think weekdays might be slower, simply because many younger children will need to rely on their parents for rides, and on a Monday or Wednesday that's probably not going to happenn as often as a weekend.

Len

:rolleyes: My theory is different, not because of UOG or EE history, but because of Gay Days. Gay Day for MK is on Sunday, June 5. Therefore I was thinking that Monday, June 6 would be even more busy because of those families who would be avoiding MK on Sunday and opting to go on Monday. We will be in the World from June 1-10 and will probably be avoiding the park of choice for Gay Days from June 1-5. We are a Christian family and would rather not begin our Disney trip explaining alternative lifestyles to my children. I know that sounds a bit harsh, but it was not intended to be. I would just rather my kids concentrate on Mickey and Friends.

Go ahead, flame me. I can take it. :confused3

Tuesday, June 7th because that's where we'll be :earboy2: All of our visits to WDW have been in early June and we always visit MK on Tuesday and Wednesday.

We have found the crowds to be very manageable. We try to do Fantasyland or Tomorrowland first. You will definitely need to use FP for SM, BTMRR, and Space Mountain. If you want good seats for the parades, you will need to stake out a spot at least 90 minutes before the start unless there are two Spectros---- Go to the second one if you can. We found a good spot for Spectro and Wishes in the area around the flagpole on Main Street. The view is awesome and you can make a quick getaway after Wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter