• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which counter service restaurant is the best at MGM?

The only CS at MGM that we've tried is Backlot. We had a fantastic grilled vegetable sandwich! :)

Another vote for Backlot Express. It is quite good.

I liked Toy Story Pizza Planet, but I must advise you, ABC Commissary has never done anything right - I've finally sworn off of them for good. ;)

I can't say that I have a favorite there, but I second the person who said skip ABC Commissary. Never had anything good there.

DD likes to eat at Pizza Planet. It is ok, but not a favorite of mine. I would avoid the ABC Commisary. I never had a good experience there. We tried Backlot Express on our last trip and it was pretty good. But I really don't have a favorite CS place at MGM.

We like Toy Story Pizza! Personal pizzas and nice salads! :Pinkbounc Also ds is a big Buzz fan! :rotfl:

Other than grabbing a turkey leg there I don't think I've eaten there either! How strange that is now that I think about it!!!!

We ate ate Pizza Planet when we were there in July and it was as good as any counter service.

I'm not a big fan of MGM counter-service myself, but if I was pressed, I actually like the menu at the Commisary and Backlot is OK as well. I would realy like to try Studio Catering Company as well, since their new menu looks really good.

Solotraveler :earsboy:

we git stuck ine day at MGM with no available TS openings anyhwhere. Pizza Planet closes early, keep that in mind. We got stuck eating at Catalina Eddie's , waited in line for 45 minutes and got THE most disgusting pizza I have ever tried. None of us could even eat it - and we grownups are not picky either. My advice - get a TS ADR.

The question at MGM is more like "which is the least bad counter service?" None of the CSs there are very good, IMO, but Backlot is not terrible. ABC Commisary *is* terrible. I haven't tried the new Studio Catering Co. yet - maybe it's an improvement.

On the other hand, table service at MGM is really good - I'm fond of all 5 TS restaurants there (Sci Fi, 50's Prime Time, Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vine, and the Brown Derby). It's so interesting to me how that park can get the TS so right and the CS so wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter