Which cheaper cruise line between Disney cruises?

CrystalS

DIS Veteran
I'd like to go on another Disney Cruise, but I want to wait until next year when the Dream is sailing, or for a mexican riviara cruise on the Wonder.

But I think we'd like to cruise again before that, but don't want to put out the extra money that a Disney cruise takes, would like to save that "extra" for next year.

So, from your experiences, what is the best "cheaper" cruise line to use?

Doesn't really matter what the itinerary is, just something in the 5-7 day range. It would be me and my husband and our 3 yr old. We aren't big partiers, and we don't gamble, so we don't need a party boat, but something kind of family oriented since we have our son with us.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Camp Carnival is fun for kids and the food is much better IMO than RCCL. The rooms are larger on Carnival also.

FOr a little kid, I'd say Carnival. For an older one RCCL.

However....I'd stick with DCL. Since your child is young, do you have date flexibility? There are many 7 day cruises available for under $750 per adult TOTAL, including all taxes. It's pretty close to $100 per person per day. You can go cheaper, but will you miss the Disney quality?

I've done Carnival 3 times and Royal Caribbean 4 times (Disney twice). I wouldn't do Carnival again. Sorry. :sad2: The 3rd time was not the charm.

The cabins aren't necessarily bigger on Carnival. It depends on the category you are looking at (and even which ship you are looking at, older RCCL ship, smaller cabins. New RCCL ship, bigger cabins)

My youngest is 5, she's been on all of these cruises with me. She prefers Royal Caribbean - specifically their Freedom Class.

I've done Carnival 3 times and Royal Caribbean 4 times (Disney twice). I wouldn't do Carnival again. Sorry. :sad2: The 3rd time was not the charm.

The cabins aren't necessarily bigger on Carnival. It depends on the category you are looking at (and even which ship you are looking at, older RCCL ship, smaller cabins. New RCCL ship, bigger cabins)

My youngest is 5, she's been on all of these cruises with me. She prefers Royal Caribbean - specifically their Freedom Class.

Does royal carribean have a good kids program? (specifically for a 3 yr old?)

I can't imagine not cruising with Disney (lol, and I've only ever cruised once, and it was with Disney).
But I know that we can't afford Disney prices every yeard :(

Does royal carribean have a good kids program? (specifically for a 3 yr old?)

I can't imagine not cruising with Disney (lol, and I've only ever cruised once, and it was with Disney).
But I know that we can't afford Disney prices every yeard :(

Yes, they have a great program called Adventure Ocean. The highlights for that age group - they make space mud (almost just like blubber on Disney). They have a pirate parade and pirate night (sound familiar? lol) The pirate parade starts when the kids "take over" the main theatre show and then continues through the promenade. While Disney has Disney characters, alot of the Royal Caribbean programs focus on Nick characters themes (Spongebob, Dora, Diego, etc) So there might be crafts/activities that focus on those characters.

The kids club schedules (for most main stream cruise lines) are at the link in my signature. You can see the different kids program activities for each cruise line.

My suggestion is to make a list of things that you and your child like to do on a cruise. Once you have your list, research other options to make sure you find a cruise that will meet your requirements. Say you have want to spend all day playing shuffleboard and eating pizza by the pool, make sure that is an option on the cruise you choose.

If you go to cruisecritic.com many people have posted the daily activity sheets from many different cruises and it will give you an idea of what is going on during the day. (also cruisingmama06 has lots of them in her signature)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter