• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which characters have been at Disney Visa promotion area?

Vickie46

DIS Veteran
Just curious what characters have been in the room lately? Is it still 1:30-4:30?

How long has the lines been?

Not sure on the time. One time we saw Mickey and Pluto. Another time was Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.

when we went in april it was mickey, minnie, and goofy. the line was crazy lone. probablly waited about an hour. i had planned on doing it several times but family said no way after the wait. we never even waited that long for ride lines. the nice part is when you go to see your photo's to pick out your free one they usually let you pick any on your photo pass, it doesn't have to be one from that actual meeting.

when we went in May last year there was only a 5 min line. We went like 3 times durning our vacation. The line wansn't long at all. I think it depends when you go. We went back in Sept and it was an hr.

We did get to see Mickey and Pluto one time, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy another and then Minnie and Goofy the last time!

Where is the promotion area? I am going in August and would like to know, thanks in advance

The meet 'n' greet is in Innoventions West, between the fire safety and Segway exhibits. There's a sign on the wall, a roped off line, and curtains near the line, but not much else to identify it. I had to ask a CM the first time I went. I was there a couple weeks ago (went twice) and there were quite a few people that lined up that did not realize what they were in line for (they were not Disney Visa card holders)! Both afternoons, I saw Mickey and Pluto. I had to wait between 15-30 minutes. One day there were about 8-10 families ahead of me, and the other there were 4-5.

I'm excited to do it for this trip... we cancelled a dinner at CM so this will be a way for my little sister to see Mickey...

I'm excited about the free print... can you send it back to your hotel room?

We've been three times in the last couple years and had Mickey and Pluto twice and Mickey Pluto and Goofy the last time. We always try to arrive about 15 to 30 minutes before it starts and my husband takes our son to see the exhibits while I wait in line. We've never waited more than 10 minutes. Plus make sure you get your picture before the park closes as there is usually a huge line at night at the photo place up front.
:goodvibes
Jodi

Sooo I totally didn't realize this was a reward for having a Disney Visa. :laughing: When I get in line do i have to show someone the card or do i need a special pass? how does this work?:confused3

We were there about 2 weeks ago and saw Mickey and Pluto. The CM said it started with Minnie on that day and they switch about every 30 min and we didn't go until about 2:30. We probably waited about 10 min but they do keep it moving pretty quickly. I was so glad it was Mickey because other than the parades that is the only place we saw him. :woohoo:

Wow! We do this every time we go and have never waited for more than one group ahead of us, but I am sure as more people get the card it will get longer. Last time was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and I think Pluto.

We went in Sept. 08 and we were probably the 3rd family in line. It went really fast. Here is our photo and it was Mickey, Minnie and goofy:

035-1.jpg

The meet 'n' greet is in Innoventions West, between the fire safety and Segway exhibits. There's a sign on the wall, a roped off line, and curtains near the line, but not much else to identify it. I had to ask a CM the first time I went. I was there a couple weeks ago (went twice) and there were quite a few people that lined up that did not realize what they were in line for (they were not Disney Visa card holders)! Both afternoons, I saw Mickey and Pluto. I had to wait between 15-30 minutes. One day there were about 8-10 families ahead of me, and the other there were 4-5.

so were the ones who were NOT visa holders turned away?:confused3

Yes -if you don't have a Disney Visa card, you are turned away.

We saw Mickey and Goofy last Wednesday and Minnie and Pluto today. Typically these characters with Donald once in a while. Sometimes you get 2 - sometimes you get 3.

do you need any kind of coupon for the free pic? How do you claim it? I never knew about this. thanks for the info. Any other perks I may not know about? I also get a free photo through AAA so this is a bonus if we do this. I assume you have to wait in line for a photo and then go for the pic?

do you need any kind of coupon for the free pic? How do you claim it? I never knew about this. thanks for the info. Any other perks I may not know about? I also get a free photo through AAA so this is a bonus if we do this. I assume you have to wait in line for a photo and then go for the pic?

Before you go in to get your photos they give you a voucher. Later in the day you can go to the photo place under Spaceship earth and they will give you a free print. Quite easy.

I went on June 3rd and it was Mickey & Pluto. I would recommend getting there before the 1:30 time because we got there at 1:20 and there were about 4 families in front of us. We had to wait roughly 30 min. Right before it was our turn I think the characters had to take a break so that took extra time before we went in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter