Which Cabin? (Sorry if this is long ...)

blondinkaya

DIS Veteran
I know, I know ... Someday we'll be "real" Ft Wilderness fiends! Just as soon as we get our cars and whatnot paid off ... :rolleyes1 ... Until then, we either stick with a value resort or a cabin. FW has stolen my heart, so it is what it is ...

Anyway ... The last time we stayed in a cabin, it was at #2847. I liked it because it wasn't too far away from the internal bus line. I didn't request it, and I don't know if it was a good site or bad. Looking at the map, it looks like we could've done worse by the back loops of 2600, 2400, and 2200.

This trip, we're bringing fil with us. Last time we went, we brought along mil and her dh; we thoroughly enjoyed the vacation because they're Disney freaks, but step-fil was mobility-limited (we needed to rent a wheelchair at the parks). This time around, we'ew bringing fil, whose only issue is smoking. He's the kind of guy who says that because he went to DL in 1978, he's seen all that Disney has to offer. Dh is an only child and our two boys are the only grandkids, so we're hoping we can change his mind enough to enjoy WDW. We're on the dining plan, and I think I have those meals scheduled well.

Question is ... Should I call and request a certain loop or cabin? As I said, we were last at Cabin 2847. I didn't have an issue with it, but step-fil was mobility-challenged (we had to rent a wheelchair for him in the parks); it took him quite a bit of time to walk from the bus stop to the cabin. Fil doesn't have that issue, but it would be nice to be able to hop and skip to the nearest stop (not that I can imagine him hopping and skipping). Any advice?

If you call and explain your fil limitations, they should be able to accommodate you. I don't know if your fil needs the wheelchair at the fort as well, but I know there are cabins with ramps at the fort and I believe they tend to be closer to the beginning of the loop rather than farther in so that may be helpful. Just a thought!

We usually ask at check in to be near the front of whatever loop we are assigned to and they almost always are able to accommodate us. Really the only time we were pretty far back in the loops was when we asked ahead of time!

If it would benefit your FIL to have a wheelchair the entire time you're staying at WDW, call Walker Mobility and rent a chair for your length of stay. They will deliver and pick up & they are cheaper than renting a chair at each of the parks. You will also have it at your disposal when you need it.
1-888-726-6837. You might also want to price out an electric scooter rental.

Call reservations and tell them you need a cabin close to a bus stop and one that has a wheel chair ramp. Disney is real good about accommodating the needs of the handicapped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter