• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which building at CSR?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We're going in October for a few days before we head out for our cruise. I'm pretty certain we're going to shoot for CSR for a number of reasons. But we've never stayed here before, so I'm a little nervous. We've stayed at POFQ - Loved IT!!! And we've stayed at CBR - did not dislike it, but it wouldn't be first on my list for another trip. I narrowed my choices down to POFQ, CSR and WL. I think WL is pretty much out because we're already spending enough money on the cruise. One of the days, we plan to spend a good portion of the day at the pool with the kids (ages 7 and 4), which is what is pushing me towards CSR. Not certain about Pepper Market - I liked being able to use my DDE card at POFQ on our last trip (saved soooo much money).

Anyway, assuming we do go with CSR, what location would you recommend? We've driving down, will be taking the bus to MK one day and to MGM late one afternoon. And we'll be spending almost a full day at the pool. We do need non-smoking because of my DS. What do you think I should request?

You'll probably get a lot of different opinions. I think any location would be fine. There is a shuttle that goes around the resort so you don't have to walk a long ways to the main building or the pool.

We stayed in Cabanas 8b and the location was perfect for us. Short walk to the pool and 5 min or less walk to the main building.

Since you are interested in the pool, I would avoid the casita sections because they are farther from the pool. Casita sections are closer to the Main building and the restaurants.

There are four bus stops so no one building is too far from a bus stop.

cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site over the wooden bridge

cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building.

cabana 8b and 9a are inbetween the 2 above.

Cabana rooms are mostly waterview rooms or non parking lot views.

ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

The casitas are close to the gym, spa and have great fountains and courtyards. casita 5 is close to the Dig Site with a good walk to the main building. The lower the casita number the closer towards the main building.

Do folks generally have good luck getting their building request at CSR?

Buzz2001 said:
cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site over the wooden bridge

cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building.

cabana 8b and 9a are inbetween the 2 above.

Cabana rooms are mostly waterview rooms or non parking lot views.

ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

The casitas are close to the gym, spa and have great fountains and courtyards. casita 5 is close to the Dig Site with a good walk to the main building. The lower the casita number the closer towards the main building.

Since the cabana rooms are mostly waterview, are they considered preferred rooms. From looking at your map, I think I'd be happy with any of the cabana locations.

They are mostly preferred but not impossible to get for the standard room rate. Luck of the draw.

I really don't like how they have changed the color schemes...now all the different areas have the same comforter.

My family loves CSR. DH and I are going there on Thursday. We have been several times and have stayed in the cabanas each time. We have been in all but 9A which I believe is the smoking building. They are all wonderful :cool1:

magicmommy said:
My family loves CSR. DH and I are going there on Thursday. We have been several times and have stayed in the cabanas each time. We have been in all but 9A which I believe is the smoking building. They are all wonderful :cool1:

Have you paid for preferred location? Or did you just get lucky each time?

I hate spending the extra money, but that really is the section I want to stay in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter