Which buffet is better? Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare?

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
Which buffet has the better food for dinner?
Which one is the better overall experience and why?
Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare?

THANKS!!!

We love 1900 PF for breakfast. They have the best bacon on a buffet in WDW, it's actually REAL bacon! Haven't been there for dinner though.

Are you talking about breakfast or dinner? CM is different from one to the other and 1900 PF is totally different from one to the other.

I see you have edited your post to specify dinner. Since that is the case, IMO, the food at both is pretty bad, but will give the edge to 1900 PF. It really comes down to which characters are more important. If you would rather see the Fab-5 (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald) than go with CM. If you would rather see Cinderella, PC, LT and the sisters (who are really fun) choose 1900 PF. If you are going more for the food and less for the characters, skip both.

Food was okay at both, as was character interaction. We enjoyed 1900 PF more because DD was able to dance with Cinderella & Prince Charming. YMMV, depending on where you are seated in the restaurant. We were in the middle section, near the buffet, so we were close to the action.

The food is a PUSH..
but for entertainment value, I would vote for 1900 PF.. hands down!

Done CM for dinner, we enjoyed it, food was good, especially the prime rib, parm mash potatos! Was very buy and loud but alot of fun!

1900PF we had breakfast, really loved the lobster eggs benedict, strawberry soup and more. Not as loud and we sat in a small room, not the main I would rather have been in the main room tho..

CM might be fun for little kid's -- But my Grandson's 4 & 6 yr.s even say the Food is Gross -----
1900 F ---- good and really fun time with Step - Sisters ... Plus GF is beautiful .. :thumbsup2

1) 1900 is far better than Chef Mickey's.
2) Lots of complaints (on this board) about Chef Mickey's quality.
3) Thye have gone down hill.
4) So, pick 1900.

We are hoping to try 1900PF for dinner next trip, but we're going more for the stepsisters than anything else. We love both 1900PF and Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but having done Chef Mickey's for dinner...I can say that the food was horrible. DH often accuses me of being too critical, but he and I both agreed with this one that the only thing decent that night was the mashed potatoes and that our server must not have ever eaten the ribs he was pushing so hard for us to try. The character interaction was very good, but since we can get the same experience at breakfast for that one...we just avoid dinner at Chef MIckey's.

While we like CM for breakfast, dinner there is another story. Still a fun atmosphere, but the food wasn't good at all, and I'm not overly picky either. We love 1900 PF. Great variety, food was fresh & very tasty, and the character interaction was by far the best! Having said all that...go with 1900 PF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter