Which buffet has the best and most extensive breakfast buffet/brunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseypoo5

Better late then never!!!! Right Mickster?!
I have an ADR for boma, but am thinking of changing it. I wanted a zebra dome, and since they don't offer them (or they arnt on the menu) i was thinking i might consider trying something else.

What is your favorite. I don't care if its a character meal, as later that day we have a CP dinner.

thanks!

my personal favorite is crystal palace. The guy runing there omlette/pancake section will make your eggs and pancakes anyway you like.

We haven't done a breakfast buffet yet but we are next month. Park Faire for my DD 7th :bday: We've had dinner there a couple times, and loved it :woohoo: so we decided to try PF. One nice thing since it's at the GF it doesn't require park admission. We are going on our last day and won't have time to go to any of the parks.

We are also trying Crystal Palace for the first time next month. We have tried Chef Mickey's and its okay but I'm hoping for better at CP.

Not that it does you any good now but Port Orleans French Quarter used to have the most awesome breakfast buffet. The hot beignets.....yum!!! Sorry, reminising!

CP wont work, we are eating there for an early dinner at 3:45 that day. This breakfast will be the only meal we have btw then and dinner.

Chef mickey for some reason isnt appealing to me..maybe since its a character meal.

I'm right about Boma not offering zebra domes right? I just saw zebra bread.

Maybe i should just keep boma and take advantage of visiting the resort :)

thanks!

We've done the breakfast buffet about 4-5 times (it's a tradition on check-out day) and I thought Boma had the least extensive buffet. 1900 Park Fair had the most extensive one, but that was about 7 years ago. Last December, we went to Cape May Cafe, that was a pretty extensive buffet. Yacht Club Galley was pretty good, one nice thing there was that not everyone in the party had to choose the buffet. I got the buffet, but DH got an omelet, which he said was huge. Sadly, our favorite breakfast buffet was Bonfamile's, which is gone now.

Now I havent tried Boma breakfast yet, I will be later this month but I have heard many good things about it. There is pastries, and muffins and well as hot and cold cereals, fruit, pancakes,waffles, omlettes and much much more. I was dissapointed that the zebra domes wasnt on the menu but I will get some out of Maras (CS) after I leave Bomas..lol

I've heard people saying good things about 1900 Park Fare. I haven't been there personally tho.

If all you want is Zebra Domes I heard they sell those at Mara (AKL Food court). So you could always get a later breakfast and then head over to Mara to pick up some desert... :)

I do like CP and Boma too, but if you want to skip Boma then you might want to try 1900 PF.

Good luck!
decisions... decisions... ;)

nurseypoo5 - I don't have an answer for you about the breakfast buffet, but if you were specifically interested in trying the Zebra Domes, they used to carry them in "Mara" the quick service place at Animal Kingdom Lodge. If I recall correctly there were either 2 or 3 in a container in the chilled foods area. I tried them. They were OK, but I really didn't see what all the "hoopla" was all about.

We have done the Crystal Palace twice and both times we were very very happy with the buffet. Great selection of fruit, yogurt and lots of hot items. Worth every penny.

We were at Park Faire in June for breakfast, and it was great. We really enjoyed the omelet bar and a wide selection of hot and cold choices. The characters were fun also. Restaurantasaurus in Animal Kingdom does a great breakfast meal also - though it is a character meal.

The most extensive currently would be 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, it is Awesome, omelette station and all, their signature strawberry soup. Cape May at the Beach Club has the second. They are my top 2 breakfasts everytrip and I visit WDW 4-6 times a year. I highly recommend both and both have great character interaction, I have gotten some of my best photos at each.

Have a great trip!!!!

I vote for 1900 Park Faire. I haven't done Boma, but I have done quite a few. I am not a big fan of buffets in general, but I like 1900.

Well I've done most of them now and Crystal Palace was my fav breakfast. 1900 Park Fare was just ok compared to the great choice at CP. Have to say though that I liked Ohana breakfast the best, even though it wasn't a buffet. They still had the breads, fruit and hot choices for the same price as the buffet, and the character interaction was excellent. This was all last week.

We did breakfast at Boma, 1900 Park Faire and Fresh at the Dolphin in June. I found the most extensive menu choices to be at Park Faire, everything was very fresh and good. Boma was just ok, some of the food was dried out, we did have a later breakfast but still I would expect fresher food. Fresh Med. Market at the Dolphin, we were not impressed at all- wouldn't eat there again, I would give Boma another try and most definately Park Faire. One reason I booked these was to check out the different resorts- so maybe take that into consideration. They were all beautiful! It did take longer to get to Boma from our resort, Park Faire does have the added benefit of a monorail ride or boat ride from the MK

when we were at boma on july 20th, they had the zebra domes and they were yummy.

oops. we had them for dinner, not breakfast.

I would keep your ressie for Boma and get a dessert sample from Mara so you can try a Zebra dome.

I love the breakfast at CRT. It is not serve yourself but it is buffet none the less without the buffet feel. Besides, I can't eat buffet anymore without remembering what my pastor said it stood for.
BigUglyFatFolksEatingTogether, LOL. I have to admit, I resemble that remark.
I have also heard that Chef Mickeys at the CR is pretty nice at breakfast. I have only had it at dinner and was not impressed by the food but we were there for the characters for the most part.

Go to Boma' for breakfast, and for dinner. You can get all the zebra domes, and try the breakfast. I am doing the same. Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter