which breakfast food better? Cape May or Captain's?

DEDisneylover

Mouseketeer
If you take out the Characters at CM as a reason to go- which breakfast itself is better? Cape May or Captain's Grill?

Thanks! :)

If you take out the Characters at CM as a reason to go- which breakfast itself is better? Cape May or Captain's Grill?

Thanks! :)

It's pretty much the same, the "stock" food comes out of the same kitchen. Captain's Grille is a favorite of ours, we don't have small kids and the relaxed atmosphere is really nice. Plus you can order a regular menu breakfast or buffet, which is great variety.

Although both come from the same kitchen there is much more variety at CMC. The last time we went to CG for breakfast we were very disappointed by a bare bones breakfast buffet selection. Not only were the selections minimal but we were very surprised that the items were not stocked at all even after mentioning this to our server they were still not filled. Maybe we were there on an "off" day but I do know we were very disappointed. CMC always seems to be well stocked even past the last seating time. Although this review is a bit dated it should give you an idea of the variety at CMC:

http://disneydiningreviews.com/cape-may-cafe-beach-club-brk.htm

I've never been to Captain's Grill but we LOVE Cape May. All the food is fresh and delicious. And even though it's a character meal, it's very laid back compared to the other character meals we've had. It's always a must for us!

I've been to Captain's Grill many times and prefer to order off the menu versus opt for the buffet. I don't like their over-use of the egg dishes prepared in the round forms. I haven't had an egg dish there that was to my liking yet. They do have Mickey waffles so that redeems the buffet in my opinion! At Cape May, I've never been disappointed in their buffet selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter