• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which breakfast buffet?

mslangen

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, but it is also solo related, so I choose to post it here.

Today I received my Florida Fun in the Sun Pass. The pass comes with a voucher for one free (character) breakfast at one of the participating Retaurants at World Disney World. From the many participating locations, also included food courts, I'v allready choosen the locations which attracts me the most.
Now I want to choose between the following restaurants for Breakfast: Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Cape May Cafe (Beach Club Resort), Chef Mickey's (contemporary Resort, 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) and Restaurantosourus (Animal Kingdom).

Which location do you prefer, or not, for a solo breakfast?
Food is for me a little bit more important then the Characters, but it should be really nice to see some of them while eating.
Price doesn't matter, because of the voucher its for free.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Marcel Slangen

Of those choices, I would go for either Boma or Cape May. I view them as being more adult (i.e. better food and fewer screaming children) than the other three locations.

I've never eaten breakfast at Boma but I have heard rave reviews about it.

I love the Cape May Buffet Character Breakfast. I also like the Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast at MGM.

I did not enjoy the food at Breakfastosaurus but the Cast Members were a lot of fun.

I've done the Cape May character breakfast and it's one of my favorites. I have never been to Boma for breakfast but have had dinner there several times and it's always wonderful. I'm sure that the breakfast there would be just as great. If it were me, I'd probably choose Boma :)

Hi,

Thank you all for replying,

Think that I will go with the Cape May Cafe breakfast buffet. It should be a good location for breakfast before entering EPCOT or MGM. At Boma I'v allready a PS for dinner.

Two more questions:
Do you know if a drink like Orange Juice is included in the breakfast or do you pay this separately? Couldn't this found out on the breakfast menu at www.wdwig.com.
The best option should be to take an early bus to MGM and hit there for the boat ride. Should this work for me to arrive on time for a PS let say 9.15am or maybe 9.30am?

Marcel.

Your buffet will include coffee, tea and juice.

I hope you will join us for chat again on Sunday evening, mslangen :)

Never done the others but the Boma is fantastic. Weprefer to go for breakfast and as AKL is the only Disney hotel you cannot wander into without a meal reservation-then I would make full use of having a wander around it.

We went in October -a treat from my daughter before her wedding and after the meal we wandered out to the pool. There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere here and it was fairly quiet-so we lazed on loungers while we let our meal settle-and as it was so hot it wasn't long before my sons and daughters slid into the pool and the jacuzzi.

You can go and see the animals on the veldt too from the hotel.

The food is authentic south african-I had it on good authority from one of the CM there -who assured me the food was exactly what her mum would cook.

I don't think you'll be disappointed

I think it's the best Disney hotel.
Alison

Originally posted by mslangen

Today I received my Florida Fun in the Sun Pass. The pass comes with a voucher for one free (character) breakfast at one of the participating Retaurants at World Disney World.

What exactly is the Fun in the Sun Pass (cost, etc.)

Thanks
Sandy

Hi Instimpres
I had to chuckle when I read in your signature that All Star Sports is known to your DD as All Star Shoebox.

One time when we knew we were flying in a day early and could not get into our villa till the following day on an earlier trip we went looking for somewhere to spend the night. Our daughter hates it when we can't get into our house on the day we fly out- so I thought to make it up to her we'll have a night at Disney.

So we went along to the All Star Movies and I've got to be honest I was very under impressed both at the size of the rooms-like you said -shoeboxes-and the high price $128. Also it was so noisy and when you have had an early morning and then a 9 hour flight from the UK that's the last thing you need. Well being a hot day we thought we'd have a drink and after selecting some cold drinks we thought we would have a slice of carrot cake. That was $3-85 for a tiny little piece. So that was the final straw. That was 2 years ago-so everything probably costs more now.

We went and booked the Quality Inn where we have stayed before and we can get a residents discount and got beautiful rooms, that where beautifully decorated, quiet and peaceful, use of the pool and a free breakfast all for $58 per room.

Alison

Originally posted by alisonia
Never done the others but the Boma is fantastic. Weprefer to go for breakfast and as AKL is the only Disney hotel you cannot wander into without a meal reservation-then I would make full use of having a wander around it.

We went in October -a treat from my daughter before her wedding and after the meal we wandered out to the pool. There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere here and it was fairly quiet-so we lazed on loungers while we let our meal settle-and as it was so hot it wasn't long before my sons and daughters slid into the pool and the jacuzzi.
Alison

Are you saying you used the AKL facilities after your breakfast?

I didn't think you were allowed to use the pools of the Disney hotels unless you were a guest or had DVC pool hopping priveliges which as far as I last heard AKL wasn't included in even those?

Just my humble opinion but I think it's unfair that people who don't shell out to actually stay in a Deluxe property blatantly go ahead and use the pool.

Obviously if you were guests then I apologise in advance for my tone.

Originally posted by mslangen
Hi,

Thank you all for replying,

Think that I will go with the Cape May Cafe breakfast buffet. It should be a good location for breakfast before entering EPCOT or MGM. At Boma I'v allready a PS for dinner.

Two more questions:
Do you know if a drink like Orange Juice is included in the breakfast or do you pay this separately? Couldn't this found out on the breakfast menu at www.wdwig.com.
The best option should be to take an early bus to MGM and hit there for the boat ride. Should this work for me to arrive on time for a PS let say 9.15am or maybe 9.30am?

Marcel - good choice (I love both) Cape May is great and the Beach Club is a nice setting. Any kind of juice is included, as long as they have it, I normally have Cranberry. Also you can actually walk from MGM to the Beach Club it takes me about 20 mins and it's by the river so it's quite peaceful. If you get the boat be mindful that it stops at the Swan and Dolphin first and maybe the Boardwalk.

Have a great time :)

I would choose either the 1900 Park Fare or Cape May Buffet.

No we weren't guests Sam and to be honest we never woke up that morning wondering how we could get the most out of Disney without paying for it.

Disney are very relaxed at their hotels and this one in particluar. This is the way that they market their hotels.
Every one who comes through their door is a potential paying guest and they do not want to alienate anyone who might not decide to stay there. Every one of us in our party might want to spend a couple of nights there as a special treat or celebration.
If they didn't want you going out on the veldt or around the pool-Disney guests would have wristbands and there would be security on the doors or guests would be given special codes or cards to unlock doors.

No they hope that one day-instead of just visiting for breakfast or dinner we will pay to stay in one of their rooms.

Alison

No we weren't guests Sam and to be honest we never woke up that morning wondering how we could get the most out of Disney without paying for it.

I never said you did Alison.

Disney are very relaxed at their hotels and this one in particluar. This is the way that they market their hotels.
Every one who comes through their door is a potential paying guest and they do not want to alienate anyone who might not decide to stay there. Every one of us in our party might want to spend a couple of nights there as a special treat or celebration.
If they didn't want you going out on the veldt or around the pool-Disney guests would have wristbands and there would be security on the doors or guests would be given special codes or cards to unlock doors.

No they hope that one day-instead of just visiting for breakfast or dinner we will pay to stay in one of their rooms.

Sorry I disagree if WDW thought like this then they would offer pool days at a cost - and they would market this - that's why they offer pool hopping to DVC members only.

Also I never mentioned the Veldt I know that they offer free tours to all guests of the Veldt and inside the hotel so I have no issue with this.

If Disney were relaxed about anyone using their pools then why do you need a wristband and either show DVC or Y&B club ID at the Stormalong Bay? Also as a guest at any hotel I stay at whether it be Disney or not I take umbridge at other people using facilities that I've paid for. What you seem to be saying Alison is that it's alright for guests staying at a Villa to swim at the AKL - when actually it states in Disney in-room guides and other guide books that I've read and indeed here on this site that this is not the case.

As far as codes are concerned - maybe Disney are just too nice or maybe I'm just too naive I personally wouldn't take liberties like this and IMHO that's what I think it is.

Sam
I never set out to upset you or Disney.
I'm sorry if I have offended you -it wasn't my intention.

I think we'll drop the subject now shall we?

Alison

Did you ask before swimming at AKL?if you did and they let you then,i see nothing wrong with it.it is the resorts decision.

Sam
I never set out to upset you or Disney.
I'm sorry if I have offended you -it wasn't my intention.

I think we'll drop the subject now shall we?

Alison

I'm sure you didn't Alison - I was just stating my opinion and I still stand by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter