• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which beach excursion should we choose in Nassau?

tenndem73

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first Disney Cruise on June 27th and are trying to decide on excursions. Mainly, we just want a nice beach day when we are in Nassau (it is just me, my husband and our 9 year old son). Does anyone have a recommendation between Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day and Atlantis Beach Day and Discovery Atlantis? The Atlantis one is $56 more in total and money IS a consideration, but if it is way better, I could spring for the extra cash.

We did the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. Was very nice and pretty. Walk wayyyyy down past the crowds and around the bend and you'll have a private area! The food was awful but the beach beautiful. We wouldn't do it again but it was nice once.

MadaNickDis said:
We did the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. Was very nice and pretty. Walk wayyyyy down past the crowds and around the bend and you'll have a private area! The food was awful but the beach beautiful. We wouldn't do it again but it was nice once.

We loved our day at Blue Lagoon. We ordered real food (our parents beach days included the BBQ, our sea lion didn't and that was just fine) we ordered made to order conch fritters, rice n beans and fish tenders, the conchs were amazing! I would never in a million yrs describe the food as awful. But we love to sample local food and this definitely did not disappoint.

Our sea lion encounter was amazing and we watched the dolphins for a while after too. Your beach day includes the animal observation area.. When we got off the ferry, we were met first thing by a dolphin coming to greet us!

The snorkeling was hard to get too but the reef beach was deserted, peaceful and gorgeous . this reef beach was right opposite of the food pavilion so not that far, the lagoon side was like the fourth of July. We swam for about 25 min in the lagoon but spent the majority in the open reef on the other side..other than my parents freaking about us being out too far (um 31?) We had a fabulous day. We even got a concert preview from Tyler Perry rehearsing his band's stage show.

For us, the dolphins and sea lions started the magic to the day. The ferry was nice there and back too. Everything after that, hammocks and snorkeling etc was just the icing on the cake. We would love to go back.

csturg said:
Is there an excursion just for a beach day at Blue Lagoon thru Disney?

Yes. My parents bought it to go along with us in our sea lion excursion. Its $69 pp and includes ferry there and back, the BBQ meal (but they have other good food up there) the hammocks n lounges n snorkel (if you have your own gear) is included. I believe your admission also allows you to watch all the sea lions and dolphins as long as you want. The inflatable water park is $15 extra, the paddle boats and kayaks are extra. Rental snorkel gear is extra. You have to climb over a lot of rocks to snorkel. Its beautiful and totally natural but takes a ton of balance and some pain walking across rocks, fyi. There is a nice bar that made us some beautiful drinks like visually pretty too. Our excursion was for 9:30 because we had an animal encounter. Not sure if the beach day had a specific time. The beach got much more crowded as the day went on. The return Ferry's run at 1pm 2pm and 4pm. They ran two ferries at 4 be cause most of us stayed to then. We were dropped off right in front of the straw market which was perfect because we had shopping to do! Got souvenirs there and hit the tortuga cake shop and still made it aboard with time to spare. It was a great day for us. It would have been a good day without the animal encounter. With it, it was a spectacular day.

Enjoy your trip!

Does anyone know if there are any "free" and "safe" beaches???

I can't answer your question regarding "free safe beaches" but alot of the hotels and resorts in the area offer day passes for the beach and their pools. Alot of them also include lunch and non motorized water sports.

Junkanoo in Nassau is a public beach you can walk to. My friends had a good day there. I'd research on like trip advisor etc what other people's comments were. They didn't have kids travelling with them, they just wanted to chill with a beer and play volleyball. It was past the straw market. I think that's probably the closest one you can walk to for free that I know of.

Try this:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...ach-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

We are traveling with a few older people on our trip and they are worried because the descriptions for both Blue Lagoon and Atlantis say there is 15 minutes of walking from the boat docks to the beach. If this is true which one has less walking? Are there any trams like on Castaway Cay?:beach:

Take a taxi to Cabbage beach. This is the public stretch of beach adjacent to Atlantis. Free except for cab which is around $6 pp.

Junkanoo beach is about a 20 minute walk. Not such a pretty stretch of beach, a bit dirty. Cabbage beach MUCH nicer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter