Which Bay Lake Tower studios have its bathroom sink in the kitchen area?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I've seen some online video tours of BLT studios that show the bathroom sink is not in the bathroom but rather on the other side of the wall, in the kitchen area. Seems a bit odd to have to leave the bathroom to go into where food might be prepared.Others show the sink where it should be.

Do certain BLT studio categories have the bathroom sink in the kitchen? Would ideally like to indicate a room preference that would allow us to wash our hands in the bathroom after its use rather than have to go into the kitchen.

Last edited:
The one we stayed in had a sink in the bathroom where the toilet/shower are and another sink in the galley style kitchen.

Edit: maybe it was an accessible room?

Last edited:
I thought they moved all the sinks - they were originally in the kitchen (with a kitchen sink also on the other side of the galley) but after many complaints moved them into the bathroom where they always should have been.

I haven’t been in a studio with the sink in the kitchen for ages.

Were the video tours recent? AFAIK, all of the sinks were moved (as @Lizzim posted above).

Admitted, this is the only video I've seen showing it, posted 5 months ago (they show it at 1:15)

The four other videos I searched just now seem to show rooms in which the sinks were moved. However, someone I rented points to who stayed in a BLT studio this past November 2022 said his studio had the bathroom sink in the kitchen area.

Just read the comments posted under the video above - people seem to be commenting that the weird sink layout was surprising, so it looks like it is the exception. Question is how many of these studios still have this bad (and weird) layout.

The sinks were moved long before that video went up. Either it was an old video recently uploaded, or there are a few of the BLT studios that still have that arrangement. Not sure why that would be. However, the vast majority of BLT studios have the sink in the bathroom.

We stayed in a standard studio that still had the bathroom sink in the kitchen. It was to the left of the Lobby on the 2nd floor.

We stayed in a standard studio that still had the bathroom sink in the kitchen. It was to the left of the Lobby on the 2nd floor.
I do not recall our room number, but we stayed in a standard studio at BLT late in December 2022 with the sink in the kitchen. I was surprised to see it.

I had a lake view studio in September 2021 at almost the exact same location as the video in post #5, maybe a couple floors higher. The sink was in the bathroom. I noticed the rails around the toilet, my room did not have that. Also the counters look low. I suspect it’s a handicapped accessible room. Maybe the sink would not fit in the bathroom with wheelchair room.

My room:
1675655625256.png

I stayed in one of those bathroom-sink-in-the-kitchen rooms a couple of years ago. It was a handicapped accessible room on the North end of the building, odd side. They still exist!

I assume I would be able to request a NON-HA room?
It's pretty common for people to be put in a HA room even though they didn't want it. If HA rooms aren't booked by people who need them, then other guests are put into them.

I assume I would be able to request a NON-HA room?

Several of the HA rooms are the desirable Lake View rooms that look directly into Tomorrowland. It's a hit or miss proposition if you end up in one of them if you request North side, even numbered room. I've landed in HA rooms in several resorts and never asked for, nor needed, HA.

We stayed in room 7218 in January this year and there was no sink in the bathroom. There were two sinks in the kitchenette instead. I wasn't a fan.

I've seen some online video tours of BLT studios that show the bathroom sink is not in the bathroom but rather on the other side of the wall, in the kitchen area. Seems a bit odd to have to leave the bathroom to go into where food might be prepared.Others show the sink where it should be.

Do certain BLT studio categories have the bathroom sink in the kitchen? Would ideally like to indicate a room preference that would allow us to wash our hands in the bathroom after its use rather than have to go into the kitchen. can we paint a kitchenprofy sink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter