Which bag to bring?

Siobhanfelser

Earning My Ears
I am Mom of 2 young girls(2 & 4) and am debating which bag to bring to WDW? I have to bring a diaper bag for the kids gear but am not sure how to carry my wallet/camera/PP card etc? Should I just pack all together or bring my own bag? I know I will be busy with the kids and taking pics so I really don't want to be weighed down too much! Thanks for any tips!

My kids don't need a diaper bag anymore, but when they did, if I was by myself, I only carried the diaper bag with my personal belongings in it. If you have an additional adult that can carry a small backpack than that would be good, but by yourself with a 2 and 4 year old you do not want to carry anything more than necessary. One thing to take into account is if you go on a ride and there is no one to watch your stuff (stroller) you will have to carry what you have on the ride. I think less is more.

I am Mom of 2 young girls(2 & 4) and am debating which bag to bring to WDW? I have to bring a diaper bag for the kids gear but am not sure how to carry my wallet/camera/PP card etc? Should I just pack all together or bring my own bag? I know I will be busy with the kids and taking pics so I really don't want to be weighed down too much! Thanks for any tips!

I would just take the diaper bag with your belongings in it. Or if you don't already have get a strap where you can put on your wrist for your camera so no need to get out and bring it back in.

I've been 2x with DS at diaper age, and I never brought a diaper bag - just a backpack. Easier to carry and also DH would carry it without giving me a funny look! Will bring the same backpack when we go back next month :thumbsup2

These days I only use the diaper bag for day trips to friends/grandparents houses.

I also have little ones, and we usually use a backpack vs. a diaper bag. I also use a small crossover bag to keep my wallet, point and shoot camera, and any other small personal items I might need. Maybe we shouldn't, but we always leave the "diaper" bag in the stroller when we go on rides, therefore I need something else to put my wallet in.

When my kids were young enough for a diaper bag, I put everyone's stuff into a backpack. Like PPs said, it was easier than keeping track of 2 bags and DH would carry it some times too.

My friend used a Vera Bradley Messenger bag as a diaper bag because it fits around the handle of Disney's double stroller perfectly. We left it on the stroller all day and she put her valuables in the Vera Bradley Mini-hipster. This way, she always had her wallet and camera on her and had her hands free to deal with the kids.

I used a backpack during our last trip and loved it.

Ok I JUST posted almost the same thing in another thread :goodvibes

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41V0qAMkVoL.jpg

This is the tote I plan on carrying for my camera, wallet, valuables etc. IT zippers so I really like it. It will also go on all the attractions with me -- and is vinyl so I can clean it easily if let's say a Mickey bar happens to spill on it :rolleyes1

I am also going to use a mickey tote in the bin under the stroller -- with diapers, wipes rash cream etc. If it gets stolen I will be aggravated but not to concerned. I bought this bag with my cc points and if someone needs a days worth of diapers that bad -- then they can have them :-)

we also just took just a backpack with a spare set of clothes for DD, snacks and bottled water in it. It was also nice that we could just throw any souvenirs that we bought in it along the way

I agree with the one bag. We actually take a diaper backpack. Keeps all the diapering essentials nice and tidy and has extra pockets for the camera, wallet, sunscreen, etc. too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter