• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which attractions are best at night/dark?

I love the Jungle Cruise at night! During the day, it's funny and entertaining, but at night there's an element of real excitement!

I have a mild visual impairment that makes my eyes very slow to adjust to big changes in light levels. So, ALL the dark rides are better for me at night. If I come in from the light during the day, I can't see as much detail in the first few scenes.

Which attractions are best at night?

All of them!

If it was up to me, the parks would be open until at least 3am every day of the year. I absolutely love being there at night. Somehow everything just feels more exciting at night, with all the lights.

DITTO!! I just love the night time, with the parks all lit up!!

I love to see the park all lit up from the top of Splash Mountain!!

Some rides I enjoy after dark

Jungle Cruise (Different feel with the boat's spotlight being used thruout the ride... and sometimes you get a captain who can tell some jokes which don't get as much rotation during the day)

WEDWAY Peoplemover / Astro Orbiters (Tomorrowland all lit up at night is amazing, and both attractions give you great views of it and the crowds)

Splash/Big Thunder (Again, nice views out over the park in the dark)

Pirates/ HM (Indoor Rides, but the atmosphere entering/exiting the ride in the dark really helps with the overall mood)

The New Dumbo looks great because of the water feature lighting.

Maelstrom (The backwards towards the waterfall is a different feel when it's dark out)

ToT (If you can see out the doors when they open to the park at night, amazing view. one time I actually miss the original drop profile)

Test Track (Speed loop at night.... less concern about blinding from the sun from the inside/outside transition... )

ive never had the opportunity to ride any of these rides an night but i will try them all out on my birthday trip in august :)

Some people prefer JC at night. I never got that. To me, there is just less to see.

I like coasters at night, but I likem during the day, too.

Splash has a nice view at night.

Jungle Cruise is GREAT at night, and while your over there, Swiss family Tree house is nice at night too.

Big Thunder Mtn. is great at night

Overall, being in EPCOT Future World late at night is beautiful. Spaceship Earth is so pretty, and all the pavilions on the right side - Seas, Land and Imagination - are very pretty all lit up.

BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and TTA are our favorites at night at MK.

DHS during evening EMH is really cool too. Lighting is very low, it's beautiful.

I agree with the PP that said they wish it was open until 3 am every day. When we go in June when MK is open until at least 11 every night, we sometimes don't even go to a park until dinner time. It's awesome!

First of all, look at my name. :thumbsup2

Secondly, HM is definitely different at night. Last trip, the boys and I rode it at night, but my DW chose not to because it was so much spookier. I LOVED IT!
I also love EE at night. It's my favorite. But I also like TT at night, the People Mover, Splash Mt, BTMRR, and all of Tomorrowland. While Epcot is my favorite place at night(World Showcase), all of WDW is absolutely beautiful and amazing at night. It just "feels" like a different place.

Splash Mountain at night is my favorite. I love seeing the castle all lit up right before the drop :goodvibes

Yes! Jungle Cruise! I also really like Splash Mountain at night.

On a side note, I like the suggestion of Everest at night!

Thanks for the cool ideas. Last time I was there I only recall riding Haunted Mansion at dusk and that was awesome. I like the idea of trying that with Jungle Cruise and think I will have to try that to make the ride more exciting. Thanks for the awesome idea in all the parks. Can't wait to try them...:)

Big Thunder Mountian- it's like a totally different ride in the dark.
Jungle Cruise- actually is realistic sometimes...;)
Splash is cool in the dark, especially if the fireworks are going off!

Bev

Big Thunder, TOT, Splash, Jungle cruise, and astro orbiter Last summer I was able to see part of wishes on Splash it was really cool

~Wow, there are a lot of great suggestions here! My favorite rides (so far) that I've ridden at night are Test Track (temp. closed), Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

~Tomorrow-Land is just fabulous at night and sadly, we've only ridden Space Mountain and Buzz, which are dark anyway. This time, I have got to try Astro Orbitor, The People Mover, The Jungle Cruise (first time ever), Expedition Everest and that's all I can think of for now!
:goodvibes

Jungle Cruise: A little more realism and mystery when you cant see around the next corner.

BTMRR: Did this last year at night for the first time. WOW! Way better in the dark, IMHO. I never knew the little town you roll through had lights and stuff.

People Mover/Astro Orbiter: Both are great to take in all the sights and sounds of TL at night.

TT: Rode this at night for the first time as well last trip. The high-speed section is a whole new experience in the dark.

I agree with the PP that said they wish it was open until 3 am every day. When we go in June when MK is open until at least 11 every night, we sometimes don't even go to a park until dinner time. It's awesome!

We were there last June. We did a rope drop at least once at each park, but then there were several days when we didn't go to MK until 5:00. We picked our MK days based on which days it was open the latest. Midnight one night and 1am on another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter