Which are the best rooms for Pop Century?

ArielMom73

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Pop in a preferred room for our first time in August. :yay: I was wondering which building/floor/room number is the best to request? I would love for us to have some sort of a view and we don't mind being by a pool as long as the noise level isn't too extreme. I have a DD that will be coming back to the room for a nap during the afternoons with DH while DS and I hit the pool. Also, can we request that now by updating our reservations or do we ask when we get there?

"Best" is something of a relative term, since everybody has their own preferences.

On my stays at Pop, I've liked the 50s section, buildings 1 or 2, because they are close to the parking lot. I always have a rental car at WDW, so parking is more important to me than proximity to Classic Hall - I usually stop at the food court on my way in or out anyway, and simply park in the Check-in lot. Buildings 1 and 2 are also fairly close to Classic Hall and to the Bowling Pool.

I also don't like to be close to the pool areas, so I tend to request the parking lot views, which is nice because many people don't like those views. so they're a little easier to get.

Once you decide what factors are important to you, have a look at the Pop Century resort map on my Maps page and pick the building that fits your preferences.
http://www.willcad.org/disney_maps.shtml#values

Anything that faces Hourglass Lake is pretty much considered a good view, and is close enough to see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations. Upper floors also assist with the fireworks view.

We are staying at Pop in a preferred room for our first time in August. :yay: I was wondering which building/floor/room number is the best to request? I would love for us to have some sort of a view and we don't mind being by a pool as long as the noise level isn't too extreme. I have a DD that will be coming back to the room for a nap during the afternoons with DH while DS and I hit the pool. Also, can we request that now by updating our reservations or do we ask when we get there?

Check out the POP threadhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543 it's called The Groovier New Pop Century FAQ. Page one is awesome!!! There are all kinds of tips throughout there as to which buildings are best for quiet, closest to food court, best view for fireworks, etc. Check it out. :yay:

We paid a bit extra for preferred in the 60's building - ground floor - I prefer the ground floor because that way my son wouldn't have to constantly run up and down the stairs -- and the pool was never too loud!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter