Which American Girl Doll has the Longest Hair?

vhoffman

DIS Veteran
My DD got her first AG doll last year for Christmas, the Just Like You doll.
She likes the doll well enough but finds it frustrating to style the hair--its just not quite long enough. This year she wanted a doll with longer hair.

I already bought her Molly, because of the long braids. I figure the doll's hair would be long enough for styling. Now she tells me she has her heart set on Kristin--who also has long braids. Either Kristin or Elizabeth for the long hair. I noticed in the styling DVD that Molly's hair appeared a bit on the frizzy side when out of the braids. Which long haired doll has the longest, easiest to style hair? LIke I said, I've already bought Molly, I'll have to see if it can be returned if she'd rather have another.

My daughter has Samantha and we have played around with the rollers and doing braids - seemed long enough for styling. You might want to call AG; their customer service is excellent (at least in my experience) - they can probably steer you towards the best doll for that or at least let you know if Molly's hair is longer than the Just Like You.

AG's Customer service is the best. I agree with the above poster, give them a call. Also you can always return Molly if you need to. They will not give you a problem.

DD has Josephina and DD took her hair out of the braid. Its really long! Much longer than Marisol, who she also has

Josefina has the longest hair. We have Josefina, however and I would not recommend her. Unlike any of the other AG dolls we have, Josefina's hair is tangled and matted. Every time I try to comb it, I have to do it over a trash can because fistsfuls fall out.

drcmk said:
Josefina has the longest hair. We have Josefina, however and I would not recommend her. Unlike any of the other AG dolls we have, Josefina's hair is tangled and matted. Every time I try to comb it, I have to do it over a trash can because fistsfuls fall out.
That's because Josefina is Latina.

Kaya's hair is incredibly long, really too long for a doll, once it's out of the braid.

Are you looking for a historical doll? DD has one of the long haired Just like Yous and her hair is long enough for any hairstyle she has tried. And she has the doll hair styling book so she has tried a lot of styles.

I hate to admit that we have all of the dolls mentioned :blush: Kaya's is definitely the longest. Josefina's is the easiest to style because she has no bangs and her hair is styled so that it goes back into a long braid.

Wow what do you brush your Josefina's hair with? I've had Josefina from the first year she came out and her hair is still very nice.I've never had any fall out.

Kaya's is the longest, I have both and Molly and while Molly's hair is a little shorter I was able to do almost anything with it. Just don't use a brush with bristles and go slow. My Molly is 10 yrs old and her hair is still in great shape.

I'm just the opposite of all of you. I bought my DD the new Just Like You doll because the hair WASN'T so long. Just shoulder length and flipped up a little. She looks just like my DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter