Which ADR's to pay OOP?

Cin

DIS Veteran
Help! I have booked 12 ADR's and only have 8 dining credits on the plan and so we will be paying OOP for some of these. Which ones would you pay OOP for? It's just Mom and I and we are both foodies and health conscious so we will try a little of this and a little of that and love variety but not likely to gorge on food.

50's Prime Time lunch
California Grill
Rose & Crown dinner
Boma dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Le Cellier lunch
Via Napoli dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Kona Cafe dinner
Plaza Restaurant dinner
'Ohana dinner

'Ohana

I'd check the menu prices, and do the math

Breakfasts and lunches are usually less $$ than dinners, with the exception of show packages and character meals.

Have desserts at the places where you use your dining credits.

We try to never pay oop for both meals... unless it is a buffet then it's credits all the way. That way one meal comes with a dessert that we can share. So in your situation you have 16 total credits between the two of you. Make sure that the cheaper entree is the one that you opt to do oop. This also gives some wiggle room if you decide you want an appetizer as a meal at some restaurants instead of an entree.

50's Prime Time lunch (1, oop 1 entree)
California Grill (2, oop for 1 person entree)
Rose & Crown dinner (1, oop 1 entree)
Boma dinner (2)
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (1, oop 1 entree)
Le Cellier lunch (1, oop 1 entree)
Via Napoli dinner (2)
Kona Cafe breakfast (oop both)
Kona Cafe dinner (2)
Plaza Restaurant dinner (I'd probably do both oop here cause it's cheap.)
'Ohana dinner (2)
'Ohana (2)
________

We try to never pay oop for both meals... unless it is a buffet then it's credits all the way. That way one meal comes with a dessert that we can share. So in your situation you have 16 total credits between the two of you. Make sure that the cheaper entree is the one that you opt to do oop. This also gives some wiggle room if you decide you want an appetizer as a meal at some restaurants instead of an entree.

50's Prime Time lunch (1, oop 1 entree)
California Grill (2, oop for 1 person entree)
Rose & Crown dinner (1, oop 1 entree)
Boma dinner (2)
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (1, oop 1 entree)
Le Cellier lunch (1, oop 1 entree)
Via Napoli dinner (2)
Kona Cafe breakfast (oop both)
Kona Cafe dinner (2)
Plaza Restaurant dinner (I'd probably do both oop here cause it's cheap.)
'Ohana dinner (2)
'Ohana (2)
________

Great suggestion!! :thumbsup2 I actually did the same thing on my last trip. But if you dont wanna go this route, then i would suggest you pay OOP for Kona (definitely the cheapest!), liberty tree, and 50's prime. But definitely check the menu's on this site for prices! Also on allears.net.

I'd definatly pay OOP for the Plaza and Kona, and then either CA Grill or LTT and Prime Time. But for those I'd look at the menus and decide which would cost more.

I didn't even see the Plaza the first time I looked lol Okay, so i'd pay OOP for The Plaza, Kona breakfast and California Grill.

I have a bunch of those scheduled for my upcoming trip. I plan on paying OOP for Kona Breakfast and Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and 50's Primetime Cafe.

Help! I have booked 12 ADR's and only have 8 dining credits on the plan and so we will be paying OOP for some of these. Which ones would you pay OOP for? It's just Mom and I and we are both foodies and health conscious so we will try a little of this and a little of that and love variety but not likely to gorge on food.

50's Prime Time lunch
California Grill
Rose & Crown dinner
Boma dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Le Cellier lunch
Via Napoli dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Kona Cafe dinner
Plaza Restaurant dinner
'Ohana dinner

'Ohana

1 option is upgrading to the deluxe plan. That would cost you about $500. Paying OOP for 4 of the cheaper meals would likely be somewhere around $150-$300, depending exactly what you order. You may decide to pay a bit more to upgrade the plan, and then add a few more TS restaurants.

But assuming you are sticking with the basic plan--
Kona Cafe breakfast OOP.
California Grill OOP (or 1 person use credits for the more expensive entree and 1 person go OOP)
Plaza OOP.
Via Napoli can be OOP if planning on an individual pizza, or if the 2 of you want to share a medium sized pizza.

Would definitely pay OOP for Kona breakfast, Plaza dinner and Cali Grill.

Definately Kona Cafe breakfast OOP. I made a mistake and used TS credits last trip. Breakfast prices very reasonable(@ WDW). Also OOP at the Plaza.

Thank you all. I would have never thought to split a meal using a credit for 1 diner and OOP for the other. That's a perfect solution to what to do with all that dessert that we never have room for anyway. I will definitely go look at the menus and check out the prices on what my meal would be.

How does something like that work of you are paying out of pocket for one person and the other is using a dining credit? Do you just tell them when you go to pay the bill? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Kona breakfast are $10/$12 each and the Big Kahuna and Mac. nut pancakes were ALOT for one person.
I would also say that you could easily split the fried chicken (yummy) lunch/dinner at 50's Cafe. It's has 4 pcs. and just get a extra side maybe.

How does something like that work of you are paying out of pocket for one person and the other is using a dining credit? Do you just tell them when you go to pay the bill? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

We asked for two bills - one with the dining plan being charged and one that would be charged back the room or paid with cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter