• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which ADR to try to grab first?

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Which should I try to get first?
Space 220 lounge lunch on a Friday (day 6) or Topolinos late breakfast on Saturday (day 7)?

In my experience of trying to get both for our group of 7 in June, Space 220 lounge had several options on day day 60+7, but there were zero options for Toppolinos breakfast on day 60+7. I initially booked 4+3 in a panic and then looked at day 60+8 and there was one time left at 12.15 so snagged that and cancelled the previous day.
Obviously depends on your party size but I noticed Space 220 lounge was there for a couple of days after too but never Topolino’s.

Also is there a chance you could get someone else to help booking one of those right on 7am?

Topolinos because Space 220 has gotten a lot of bad reviews and Topolinos has only gotten excellent reviews.
I’m bummed with Alerts on that I couldn’t get and still don’t have that Topolinos breakfast (37 days out now) from when I tried at 60+5.
Have you considered the Lounge at Space? You can order whatever you want and check it out instead of being forced to pay a prix fixe price, which is where people seem to be dissatisfied.
When I made reservations on my 60+ days, I was tweaking about an hour later , and just randomly scrolled by a 2 person lounge reservation for 60+7 and grabbed it for my son and his gf (the other 3 of us had no interest anyway)

This was similar to our situation on ADR day last week--we wanted Space at 60+6 and an early Topolino character breakfast at 60+7. We ultimately got both for 12 people, but Topolino was definitely harder, even with the extra day, and we have a big gap of time between our sets of Topolino reservations.

As @ellataylor said above, can you have a few people booking? We had multiple people working the computers: some of us focused on Space at the drop, while two others were on Topolino. At Space, we searched both lounge and restaurant, and I think that helped. I also think it helped that we quickly realized we could get tables of 2 even when 4s and 6s were immediately gone. We saw some new Space times pop up around noon that day, too. Maybe the recent bad reviews helped too :) Good luck!

In my expierence last holiday Space 220 was so much harder to book for early dinner (5.45 pm). It is fun to visit once but so expensive and food is meh. Topolinos no regrets at all, had a late breakfast and everything was excelent. Plenty of spots when booked even could modify many times whithout any hassle.

I recomend you take a look and check availability the days before so you can get an idea of it

Last edited:
Topolinos because Space 220 has gotten a lot of bad reviews and Topolinos has only gotten excellent reviews.
I’m bummed with Alerts on that I couldn’t get and still don’t have that Topolinos breakfast (37 days out now) from when I tried at 60+5.
Have you considered the Lounge at Space? You can order whatever you want and check it out instead of being forced to pay a prix fixe price, which is where people seem to be dissatisfied.
When I made reservations on my 60+ days, I was tweaking about an hour later , and just randomly scrolled by a 2 person lounge reservation for 60+7 and grabbed it for my son and his gf (the other 3 of us had no interest anyway)
Yes- the lounge! My daughter is too picky to justify the set menu at the restaurant. Are they still allowing you to order a la cart off the set menu?

Would agree with Topolinos. Have had nothing but excellent food there.
have not been to Space 220 yet, but many reviews have not been good, but still has not been easy to get.

Topolino’s is WAY better than Space 220 IMO. So I would book that first to make sure I get it. Then do space.

But I personally would never eat at Space 220 again. It’s over hyped and not worth the price.

When I had my booking day last month (for June trip), I booked Topolinos for a late breakfast on 70+5 as my 3rd ADR. Space 220 lounge only had limited availability at 60+6. The full restaurant had ADRs for earlier booking, but the lounge was harder to get. This was for a group of 5. Hope that helps.

I personally would try for Topolinos first, but I don't think you'll have a problem with securing both. I just made our ADRs yesterday. I tried for Topolinos first on our last day 60+8. No problem at all. But I really wanted both Topolinos (breakfast) and Space 220 (dinner) on 60+6, so I tried that next. Got them both.

Caveats... the week you go might be more crowded than our week. And I've heard the lounge is slightly harder to get than the other. So YMMV. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter