Which ADR should we choose?

tater1206

Mouseketeer
Help
We are wanting to do another ADR for either Boma's, Ohana's, Aloha show,or Sanaa. We would love to hear others opinions.
Last year, we did Cape May Breakfast and Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review.
This year we are doing Akershus Princess Breakfast and the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party.

I have a 15 year old daughter and a 9 year old son.
So any opinions about any of the restaurants mentioned or others would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I know a lot of people love Ohana's but we didn't care for it and it is not worth it unless you are on dining plan to us. I like Boma and they have a huge variety of food.

I have a 17 year old and a 13 year old. We have been to both and they like Ohana better - between the wings and the dumplings (and everything else), there was more there that they enjoyed. At Boma, although I love it, they ended up eating fries, pizza and mac and cheese - the stews and different spiced meats were a bit too different for them. Both are amazing - think about where you will be that day. If you're not staying at AKL, Boma may be a bit tougher to get to - in terms of travel time.

Just things to think about!

Help
We are wanting to do another ADR for either Boma's, Ohana's, Aloha show,or Sanaa. We would love to hear others opinions.
Last year, we did Cape May Breakfast and Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review.
This year we are doing Akershus Princess Breakfast and the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party.

I have a 15 year old daughter and a 9 year old son.
So any opinions about any of the restaurants mentioned or others would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Whatever you do do NOT do the Aloha Show! TERRIBLE! I would do O'hanas

We really enjoyed Aloha. I know they've changed the menu a bit since we were there last though. The show is a bit cheesy but the fire dancer was really cool

So many options and so little time to fit it all in...LOL
I should say my kids are sort of picky eaters. They do not eat ground beef (they won't touch a hamburger if their life depended on it & spaghetti for them is just noodles & sauce...they are so weird :scratchin) but they will eat steak, pork, and chicken.

We loved the aloha show. My fiancé has been to Hawaii years ago and he said it was just like a show there. The food was tasty and we enjoyed the atmosphere. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I'm glad we didn't listen to the negative reviews and tried it for ourselves. So glad we did! It's not a "must do" for every trip because the show doesn't change, but to do once is different and fun!
Also- it gave us a chance to check out the poly hand have a lapu lapu at the lounge!

Enjoy!

I vote for Ohana. Like some previous posters, the food is great IMO and isn't too out there for kids. It's such a nice environment during dinner. They dim the lights, if you're lucky you can see fireworks, and it's a luau type environment. I really just love Ohana.

Thank you to all that has replied! Your suggestions are really giving me a lot to think about.

Another question for those that are saying Ohana, should we choose breakfast or dinner? I know breakfast has Lilo & Stitch (which my DD loves and yes the older she gets the more she loves all things Disney) but I saw where the dinner has games and races and such.
Any opinions on those?

tater1206 said:
Thank you to all that has replied! Your suggestions are really giving me a lot to think about.

Another question for those that are saying Ohana, should we choose breakfast or dinner? I know breakfast has Lilo & Stitch (which my DD loves and yes the older she gets the more she loves all things Disney) but I saw where the dinner has games and races and such.
Any opinions on those?

We've done both and liked both.
Breakfast was good and filling: all you care to eat but servers bring it to your table...no buffet lines. Characters were ok, but my kids are not Lilo and Stitch fans. Mickey is there as well as Pluto IIRC.
Dinner was my favorite. We waited quite a bit for our ADR- over an hour. I thought it was worth it tho. The food was so good and it just keeps coming!
We were fortunate enough to be seated by a window and watched Wishes!
There was a lady there that sang and played a ukulele: she invited the children to sing along and do dances. It was cute.

Dining plan Ohana no dining plan Sanaa, get bread service it's so good! Boma was our favorite last year and not as good this year. We still liked it but really missed Ohana.

Thanks everyone!
I am a little disappointed. I went to make ADR at Ohana's and the only available reservations is the Saturday night before we leave at 9:05 pm. We had planned on going to the park that night. I only checked dinner and haven't looked into Breakfast yet. Guess I will just keep checking back. Never know an opening could pop up!

I would do either Boma or Ohana. Both are great and the food is delicious. I would NOT go with Sanaa. It is very rare that I hear a good review of it. I have never been to the Spirit of Aloha show and I have barely read any reviews of it.

Wow, I've never heard anything but good reviews of Sanaa so far. We must read different posts.

I would try to get Kona for either breakfast or dinner. I prefer it to O'hana. Breakfast is my fave, but dinner is good as well. In fact, this trip I have a breakfast adr there, and a dinner one the next day;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter