• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which ADR should I cancel for next week?

BridetobeDisney

DIS Veteran
I don't have very many ADRs for next week but we are on a tight budget this time and have to cancel something. I'm so torn.

San Angel dinner
-- My DH loves the food and atmosphere. The steak was delicious in Dec. Should we go for lunch to cut cost?

1900 PF dinner
-- Really expensive. Never been but DS wants to dance with Cindy and meet the stepmother and sisters

Crystal Palace breakfast
-- ate here on our honeymoon for dinner, never bf. I got sick afterwards. I probably caught the norovirus. Get to get in the park early.

Chef Mickey breakfast
-- never ate here. Expensive for bf but seems good to meet all the fab five.

San Angel

I don't know how old your DS is but my kids (DD3 & DS6) LOVE character meals. And when they're happy at a meal, I'm happy. :) BUT does DH really want to eat at San Angel & do you want to give him a restaurant choice?

Good luck & have a great trip! pixiedust:

I also choose to cancel San Angels My reasoning is you should try the Restaurants you have never been to before. We love the 1900 park fare we had a blast the food was good too. I hope you try the new places, you may find a new favorite!!

Since your DH loves SA then I keep that and get rid of one of the Buffets since your doing 3 of them and they r a like I cancel CP.

CM & CP are very similar food-wise and since you're doing 3 buffets, I'd cut one of those. Keep San Angel so your husband gets his choice. That way you have one non-buffet, more adult-oriented atmosphere meal.

I too like San Angel so I would cut out a buffet. Maybe cut out Crystal Palace since you have been there before to try something new.

I would switch the San Angel to lunch, and cancel one of your character breakfasts. Ask the kids which one is most important to them, and go from there.

I would likely cancel Chef Mickeys for breakfast or Park Fare for dinner. We love CP breakfast and getting into the park early was priceless. By the time we finished we went straight to Fanatasy Land for rope drop and rode everything with little to no wait time.
That way your kids still get their characters and Dh still gets his favorite. I like the pp suggestion of making that a lunch though. It may reduce the cost further for you.:)

I would cut one of the breakfasts. We really liked CP but if the characters you want are at CM I would go there, although I heard it really isn't very good & I'm not sure if they have an omelet station if you want that. If they don't, for the price, I don't think it is worth it.
I would keep 1900 since your DS wants to go there. The food & service for breakfast was good.
Does SA have the steak for lunch, are the prices different for lunch or dinner? I would keep that one since your DH likes it a lot & its a non buffet for a change from the other ones.

Keep 1900 Park Fare. The food there is great (one of the best buffets), and the step sisters and mother are great. And, DS will love dancing with Cinderella.

Keep San Angel for reasons PPs said.

As between Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace: more food options at CP (including Pooh's Breakfast Lasagna), plus getting into the park early is a plus.

But, if CM is your only chance for DS to meet Mickey etc., then it might be worth it. So, go to CM only if the characters there make it worth it, otherwise CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter