which 2 credit meals are worth it?

whodat1229

Earning My Ears
Royal Table? breakfast or dinner?
California Grill (we are planning to stay at CR, so the fireworks view isn't crucial)?
hoop-de-doo?
brown Derby?

My daughter will be 7 when we go. She's been a few times, so we don't have to max out on character meals. We'll probably do Akershus and one or two others.

And what about the luau thing at Poly? I haven't been to that since I was about 9. Is it worth the $$?

We are doing the regular dining plan. The deluxe price difference is too steep, and we just don't need that much food. We can pay out of pocket for a couple of meals for FAR less per person, so I'm wanting to book a couple of 2 credit meals.

I really want to try Cali Grill. I thought maybe my husband and I would just go get apps and drinks one night (leaving my dgtr with her grandma), but, da**...$27 for a spicy tuna roll? ouch.

We like the Royal Table for dinner. We were tired and stuff after a full day at MK, and was relieved to sit down at this gorgeous place to have dinner. We understand that extra credit goes to the environment, but we love the feeling of being in the castle, and will do it again in our coming trip!

Brown Derby is definitely worth the 2 credits and so is CG. As for CRT, we really like the dinner but the breakfast is great too. To tell you the truth, CRT is really not worth the 2 credits, however eating in the castle and the character interaction is great there, but the food is not 2 credit quality but since we always purchase the DXDP, we can justify it more.

Other 2 credit restaurants that we really enjoy are: Narcoossee's, Fulton's Crabhouse, and Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

Wanted to add one more thing that, if you are thinking about going to breakfast at CRT, but don't want to waist the extra credit on it, I would highly suggest going over to Epcot and eat breakfast at Akershus instead (if you do do this, I also highly suggest making an ADR for before the park opens on a non EMH morning). This is a 1 credit meal that has the same princess interaction as CRT. The only difference is that you will get a free picture with Belle in her ball gown rather than Cinderella. However, Cinderella does come around to your tables if your little princess has to see her (unless of course she is away taking care of Shaq or Gus Gus ;)). The food there is served both family style and there is also a cold table (fruits, cheeses/cold cuts, breakfast pastries, yogurt w/toppings, lox, bagels and cream cheese). This is actually our family's favorite breakfast on property, not just because of the princess interaction but we love the food, especially the cheesy potato casserole.

Royal Table? breakfast or dinner?
California Grill (we are planning to stay at CR, so the fireworks view isn't crucial)?
hoop-de-doo?
brown Derby?

My daughter will be 7 when we go. She's been a few times, so we don't have to max out on character meals. We'll probably do Akershus and one or two others.

And what about the luau thing at Poly? I haven't been to that since I was about 9. Is it worth the $$?

We are doing the regular dining plan. The deluxe price difference is too steep, and we just don't need that much food. We can pay out of pocket for a couple of meals for FAR less per person, so I'm wanting to book a couple of 2 credit meals.

I really want to try Cali Grill. I thought maybe my husband and I would just go get apps and drinks one night (leaving my dgtr with her grandma), but, da**...$27 for a spicy tuna roll? ouch.

Definitely HDDMR. Love the food and the show NEVER gets old! We have done CRT once and that was enough...The breakfast is really not worth thecost so if you chose to go with CRT I would at least try dinner. All of the others really do not appeal to us. Except Flying Fish but that wasn't mentioned. Out of your choices though, really, go with HDDMR you wont regret it! BTW you can do Akershus for a princess 1 credit meal and that would be great. However, the food for dinner IMO I horrible. Many people love the food though.

Brown Derby is the worst value to use DDP credits. I enjoy this place and dine here often but the prices are not a good use of 2 credits.

The rolls at CG are pretty big so $27 is not bad. If you want excellent sushi at a more reasonable price, try Kimonos at the Swan. I prefer it to CG. No dining plan can be used though.

It's hard to get good value at signatures with DDP credits outside of the two lobster entrees at Narcoosees so from your list I would pick HDDR. It's a fun show.

Food wise, my favorite DDP signatures are Citricos and Flying Fish. I've done them all several times and I think Citricos is most consistent but it wasn't one of your choices. HDDR is a lot of fun and I think everyone should try it once.

I appreciate the input! I'm definitely open to suggestions of other signature dining options. The ones I listed were being considered, but I have ruled out nothing at this point. I am leaning toward dinner at CRT for one of the options. I know the food isn't going to be worth it, but I think just getting to eat in the castle would be a thrill for my daughter. I'm also thinking HDD would be fun.

Thanks, everyone...keep the suggestions coming :)

I really like to check out the menus and speculate on what would as a family would order. For us, Cali Grill and Flying Fish makes sense for value. We love a great fillet.

Hands down....Hoop Dee Doo!!! Especially if you have never been there before. Your 7 yo will love it, and you will be surprised how much you do as well! And if you enjoy an alcoholic drink now and then, beer and sangria are included!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter