Wheres the best place to sit for the Jammin Jungle Parade

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Every year I say we're going to this parade, and every year we don't make it. This year we're going in July and I'm determined to get to this parade. I'm not familiar w/the route or where the best place to sit is. Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks!

I'm not familiar w/the route

You might get a refreshing drink or snack and try for a seat at the Dawa Bar.

DAK-Parade-021012.jpg

Always had good luck outside of Africa. Like where the drums are set up or around that area. There are snacks in the village and the crowd is usually less on the backside of the park.

we've always found it great across the "street" from Pizzafari. There are some snug areas near benches where you get great views, and they are so "snug" that they discourage families from crowding around you because there is literally no room there.

Agree with PP. We like the area around Pizzafari. DW and I usually get a drink from Dawa Bar and walk to the area around Pizzafari and Island Mercantile before the parade starts. Get there early to find a spot in the shade. The parade comes through this area first. Once the parade passes we are usually finish our day at AK in the Oasis Exhibits and head for dinner at Rainforest Cafe.

When we were there in January we went to the last Flights of Wonder show at 3:00. We came out of the theater and they had just set up the rope and tape marking off the parade route. Came out and sat down and had about a 20 minute wait or so for the parade. We sat next to a tree so had a nice open view of the parade as it came down the street because no one could sit beside us. People behind us had to look around the tree and really did not have as nice of view. Worked great for us. I ran and got snacks and we really had a good time and loved the parade.

It kind of depends what you are planning to do after the parade. More than half of the guests leave after the parade - if you;re one of them, then chose a spot that's closer to the exit so you're not behind everyone else.
If you're going to stay (and I love the way the park empties out after the parade), then you want to be in the back. I had a spot just where the parade turns off the bridge and heads toward africa that was good.
I will warn you that sitting and waiting for a parade for any length of time in July will be brutally hot. I avoid parades in the summer. But it is my favorite parade, so if it's your only chance, get yourself some sort of frozen concoction and settle in!

Thanks for the input! It sounds like I should head towards the back of the park. Our plan that day is to go to the waterpark in the morning, back to the hotel, then out to AK for the evening. I'm just hoping to get there in time for the parade, so when we get there, we'll head to the back of the park. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter