Wheres my refund question

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
For those of you who efiled your taces for direct deposit.

Did your message on the IRS wheres my refund page ever change from
""We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless we find mistakes or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 17, 2009"", to something else before your deposit date?

The only thing I can see the person on the other thread may have received a notice from the gvt saying hers has been delayed. If she did anything wrong the IRS site has said your refund can be delayed up to 8 weeks.

I know the stimulus check was causing issues and the IRS has stated over 75% of early filers have done this incorrectly.

I know we filed ours on 2/1 and received notice it was accept from the Federal on 2/1 and the State on 2/3. I efiled and did direct deposit. Either I get it on time or I donot. Thank goodness I was not depending on this money for anything oterh then my summer expenses.

Edit to add this might help clear up the confusion involved https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

I had that message. It is the standard message everyone gets. The date doesn't change unless they find something wrong. And usually with the direct deposit, you will have it deposited the Friday before the date listed. My date was Feb 10th on the irs website and it was direct deposited on feb 6th. Hope this helps!:goodvibes

Thankyou Burns2225 !

I just wondered if it went from saying ""is being processed" to "is processed" or something similar.

My date was Feb 10th on the irs website and it was direct deposited on feb 6th. Hope this helps!:goodvibes

Oh boy! Oh boy! I hope they do this with mine! This Friday will indeed be a good day then! My bank is normally super fast with accepting direct deposits! I'm so excited to get my refund! :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1:

Yes mine did change. The day before my refund was due to be deposited it said your refund has been processed and will be deposited the next day.

I took a huge sigh of relief and it was in there on time!

I got the message that mine would be in by Feb 17th, but it was pending in my account today - yeah!

I got the message that mine would be in by Feb 17th, but it was pending in my account today - yeah!
Count your lucky stars - it is almost always a friday so you got some form of IRS pixie dust;)

I have the same Feb 17 message. my husband was injured a couple of weeks ago on duty so he is out on comp from the FD. I am really hoping these come in Fri or I am going to be breaking my "no using credit" rule pretty soon!

Me too!!!:cool1: Mine has always come on a Tuesday(I always requested a paper check). The direct deposit date was supposed to be by 2/17, and it's pending tonight.:thumbsup2

Oh boy! Oh boy! I hope they do this with mine! This Friday will indeed be a good day then! My bank is normally super fast with accepting direct deposits! I'm so excited to get my refund! :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1:

I hope this happens to us as well. We were told Feb 20th, but I am hoping earlier for direct deposit than that!!! A week early would be this friday! I am actually itching to pay off some bills - I can't believe it! lol

I had the same message as the OP and its now changed to direct deposit on the 13th.. but they lowered the amount by 300$ the amount of the stimulus we could get for our new baby.. wonder if it will come by check?

I had the same message as the OP and its now changed to direct deposit on the 13th.. but they lowered the amount by 300$ the amount of the stimulus we could get for our new baby.. wonder if it will come by check?
my husband was injured on a call a couple of weeks ago so I was so excited to see the .... blah blah blah Feb 13th....that I didn't even look at the amt. I just went backl and double checked and we are getting the expected amt back.

As soon as ours FINALLY changed from is being processed (which took much too long IMO when H and R block did it) to will be deposited, it was in my account that day!! Good luck. :)

YIPEEEEEEEE :cool1:
I am the OP, and my message changed this morning ! It now says my return has been processed and will be deposited 2/13.(Instead of the orginal 2/17 message)
Then I called my bank and yep, it is in pre-post today and says it will be credited 2/13.
I've never had a deposit pre-post 2 days ahead of time before, but whatever...its going to be there Friday!

YIPEEEEEEEE :cool1:
I am the OP, and my message changed this morning ! It now says my return has been processed and will be deposited 2/13.(Instead of the orginal 2/17 message)
Then I called my bank and yep, it is in pre-post today and says it will be credited 2/13.
I've never had a deposit pre-post 2 days ahead of time before, but whatever...its going to be there Friday!

I had the same message this morning. A lot of places do the "pre-post" thing but my bank releases the funds. Works for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter