Where'd Bd Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, dvcreg, with that said, now will you close this post?

Rae

Whoa Rae!! Have you lost your zeal for free speech rights??? As I recall, you left these boards several months ago because you felt your right to state your opinion was being trampled. You were fine with this thread as long as everything was "positive" towards the original question "Where'd BD Go?". Now that a few folks have actually tried to answer that question,you feel the thread is no longer suitable. Where are our free speech rights? No one is attacking BD, just trying to explain what we observed. Obviously, it is inappropriate for the moderators to reveal their actions and discussions with BD,so our observations are all that there is. You have your "...opinion and I am entitled to it." So do we!

This thread is better than the Debate board.
249.gif

Actually, I'm glad this thread is open. I did not realize that many people were genuinely offended by some of BDs posts, and if someone had unilaterally shut down the thread, I would never have realized it. Why close a thread down?

My previous post was agreeing this is better than the debate boards. Reminds me of last fall.

Originally posted by izzinmac
Whoa Rae!! Have you lost your zeal for free speech rights??? As I recall, you left these boards several months ago because you felt your right to state your opinion was being trampled. You were fine with this thread as long as everything was "positive" towards the original question "Where'd BD Go?". Now that a few folks have actually tried to answer that question,you feel the thread is no longer suitable. Where are our free speech rights? No one is attacking BD, just trying to explain what we observed. Obviously, it is inappropriate for the moderators to reveal their actions and discussions with BD,so our observations are all that there is. You have your "...opinion and I am entitled to it." So do we!

I have been criticized for posting things that were not on topic, possibly construed as negative and things that had nothing to do with the DCL in the past. Most recently, my update about someone who was an entertainer on the Magic (Fidelio) who had done something very special for Columbine has been pointed out.

I have not lost my zeal for freedom of speech, I feel that if you are going to discuss a person then at least have the courtesy to say it to their face, or allow them to read/post replies to their attackers.

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
I have not lost my zeal for freedom of speech, I feel that if you are going to discuss a person then at least have the courtesy to say it to their face, or allow them to read/post replies to their attackers.

Rae: As you wish...

I will be on the same August Disney Cruise that BD will be on so if I can figure out who he is I will be happy to say what I feel to his face.

Jeff

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jeff, but BD is not listed on the August cruise anymore, and hasn't been for quite awhile.

I have received an e-mail from BD this morning after he heard what was going on asking about his absence from the DIS, the following is a quote from him that he asked me to share.

"The way I view it, I'm no longer a "Diser" and want no affiliation with them."

I hope this puts an end as to where BD is, and his affiliation with the DISboards.

I am glad to see that we miss him so much. I personally did not see anything wrong with his posts...However, I'm from NY and see/say things like that daily. (however, I leave that at "home" when on these boards) I've had people flip out on me on these boards for dumb things.

I did not mean for this to get out of hand. I thought I just missed something...I knew/had read some of the various debates...but did not mean for this to get so out of hand...I am sorry that BD does not want any affiliation with DIS...that is his opinion. I am sorry however, that he no longer believes in the "magic" of it all and I feel bad that what ever happened here was the cause...

As the starter of this thread I am asking it to be closed. There is no reason to start fighting with each other. I stopped visiting last fall when the fighting started and I dont want that to happen again. I would like everyone to that it was not my intent to start this "war" amongst us. And for that I appologize.

MODS:
Thank you for closing this board.

While we do not close or lock threads at the request of any poster, the original poster of this thread has made the request and that is our policy to honor such.

The subject is now closed....

Back to our Disney Cruise Discussions!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter