Where'd Bd Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow looks like I wasnt the only one that looked out for BD's posts...
I dont know what anyone could do to get banned...but I dont think its right. I dont think he ever ment to hurt anyone...or maybe people are just too sensitive...
This is copming from someone that lives in NY and sarcasm is ALWAYS welcome!!!
I'm usually the one to give it!!!

*LOL*

Originally posted by Grumpy's Mom
BD has been gone for quite a while -- I think there was a difference of opinion over what were appropriate posts on the board.

I think his dry sense of humor was very well appreciated by many of us, and as with all sharp wit, probably offended a few people. It is a shame, he was probably the most talented writer on this board, and I will miss the pleasure of reading future trip reports from him.

BRAVA! BRAVA!
VERY WELL SAID!

He is missed by a great many, especially those who he "grammatically corrected" and "teased" on a regular basis.

Word to the wise.......it's not always what you say but who you are that matters......

Rae
(Also a NATIVE NEW YORKER and proud of it)

I was hoping that he had simply taken a short break from the boards since his next cruise isn't scheduled until this coming August.
His intelligent, well versed ramblings were (are) always a welcomed respite....
Dawn Hope

:( I miss his posts!!! BD was the best!!! I hope his "ban" ends soon!!!

ok WEBMASTERS HOW ABOUT THE OFFICIAL EXPLANATION...

Please.....

When we all registered we reviewed the Posting Guidelines. Those are the "rules" to adhere to on the boards.

If you have specific questions about a particular incident, please contact the webmasters through email. That would be the appropriate way rather than posting on the open boards.

And now back to our Cruise discussions...

Thank you! :)

P.S. for those who would like to refresh, here is a link to our Posting Guidelines here on the DIS! click here

I agree BD coud be very clever and quick with comments, but I think he probably got "banned" because of his tendency to be extremely harsh in his reply when somone was offended by a comment and said so. He was usually very caustic in his response. You had to catch his replies very quickly, since they were removed by moderators shortly after he posted them. I was "lucky" enough to see two of them as a lurker, and they were not aimed at me, but they were extremely nasty. In my opinion, BD could not handle criticism well when it was aimed at him. He could pass it out freely, usually tongue in cheek, but sometimes slightly cruel, and then when someone challenged him, it turned ugly quickly. I got the impression he could pass it out, but was very sensitive when it was aimed at him. I miss his comments, but can see why it happened!!

I did review the posting guidelines. Be that as it may, a permanent "ban" seems a little extreme.

Just so everyone is aware, the webmasters will not publicly discuss matters related to the disciplining of posters. That is considered a private matter between the poster and the webmasters.

Well, whatever the reason -- I miss him, too.

I miss bd also...I think sometimes "written words" even when meant in humor are "read" as something different. Oh well he is missed, if someone keeps in touch with him let him know we miss him! (just curious here but if you are banned couldnt you just make a new user id?)
Aimee

Originally posted by The Kagers
maybe bd still lurks among us..........

peepwallA.gif

Do they have the same rules over on the debate board? Maybe BD is over there if the rules are different

Originally posted by izzinmac
I agree BD coud be very clever and quick with comments, but I think he probably got "banned" because of his tendency to be extremely harsh in his reply when somone was offended by a comment and said so. He was usually very caustic in his response. You had to catch his replies very quickly, since they were removed by moderators shortly after he posted them. I was "lucky" enough to see two of them as a lurker, and they were not aimed at me, but they were extremely nasty. In my opinion, BD could not handle criticism well when it was aimed at him. He could pass it out freely, usually tongue in cheek, but sometimes slightly cruel, and then when someone challenged him, it turned ugly quickly. I got the impression he could pass it out, but was very sensitive when it was aimed at him....

I certainly don't know the full story, but I distinctly remember a few posts of his which I thought were inappropriate. There is a difference in a witty exchange with someone who is a willing participant, and a smart aleck barb at a newcomer with a legitimate question. I remember wincing at a few of those, thinking how it wasn't funny, but was downright meanspirited. I would assume he was warned, refused to comply with posting guidelines and was subsequently banned.

I use to stop into this forum from time to time to see what the latest was and hopefully help out anyone who was new to Disney Cruising. I actually haven’t been on this forum in many months because of BD.

A little while back I stopped in to see what was happening and I answered a few questions for some newbies. BD in his apparently normal sarcastic fashion was not only of no help but abusive to a couple of the newbies and threads I participated in.

I took exception to his rudeness and so did the people (newbies) asking the questions. As some have mentioned, as soon as you question his motives he becomes very defensive.

What surprised me most was the support he received on this forum for his inconsiderate comments. His support claimed I couldn’t take a joke.

This is my first day back for a visit since the incident and I couldn’t be happier to read that BD has been banned. Regardless of his support I totally agree with the moderators.

Every dog has his day and this day is mine. As the saying goes, “He who laughs last, laughs best".

Jeff

I hope you're right. I hope the mods are starting to take a serious look at these posts when it comes to sarcastic or rude remarks especially to the newbies. It's very disturbing to see someone ridiculed each and every time they make a 'typo' or when they make an innocent generalization only to be ridiculed by a one-track minded individual bordering on perversion. Anyway, 'Thanks' to the mods for watching and enforcing, if that was the case.

I think the question of "where'd Bd go" has been answered and this thread should be closed because it is not a positive nor DCL related matter.

Those of us who have known or read BD's posts are aware of our position regarding his humor and I feel that there is no need to continue debating this subject as to whether he was appropriate, funny, sarcastic or otherwise.

We are going to give the newbies a very unrealistic look at what this forum is about if we continue with this discussion about a former member.

Therefore, I request that this thread be closed permanently.
It's my opinion and I am entitled to it -

Rae

As Alex has said, we don't discuss specifics, but you're correct FredS. Unless it's an extreme case, we don't automatically ban. We contact the person, let them know that they violated the guidelines. Oftentimes, this process is repeated.

From that point, it's up to them as to what happens next. The vast majority of folks apologize. Often it's a matter of not knowing the rules or getting caught up in a heated moment.

With others, (and fortunately, that number is small), the problem continues and we're left with no alternative.

IMHO, it's what makes the DIS special. We have rules and we do our best to see that they're followed. We want everyone to be comfortable posting here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter