Where would you stay (best deal all around)?

apugslife

Earning My Ears
We are starting to plan a trip to WDW. We will probably stay 6 or 7 nights. We also will be trying to save money where we can. We will be meeting with a ton of family and friends there who will stay on property mostly. We will probably fly down. It is me, dh, and dd who will be almost 3 at the time. Dh has been there before, but yrs and yrs ago (when Epcot first opened). DD and I have not. Since the rates are outragous on property, we were wondering if we should stay off property, but near by? And should we rent a car? We plan on spending the morning until mid afternoon (around 3 at the parks) and then eating dinner somewhere and relaxing at our hotel/pool in the evening each day. We may reverse this one day. The only park we will probably go to is MK and possibly checking out the shopping in DTD (or is it a lot cheaper to go to the outlets?) We also will probably spend our last day at the hotel winding down and playing at the pool. I would appreciate your help with suggestions! Thank you so much! Forgot to add, we want a decent hotel (not a dump with a nice pool). I think the value resorts are too small for us if we plan out hanging out a lot there and the moderate too me maybe a little pricey and I won't even start with the deluxe+!

If you stay off-property, you will NEED a rental car. Also, you would need to pay parking at the WDW parks -- I think parking is currently $8 per day.

You may find a decent price renting a timeshare -- lots of folks on the Orlando Hotels Board rave about Cypress Pointe.

But you may find that when you take the cost of renting a timeshare, add in the cost of renting a car, and the cost of parking, you would be paying almost as much money as if you had stayed on-property. Also, staying on-property is much more convenient if your family members will be on property and if you hope to go back to the hotel during the afternoon and then want to go back to the parks in the evening for fireworks or a parade.

If you stay on-property, you can take the Magical Express Shuttle from the airport for free -- just let CRO know your flight information during or after you book your room.

You can get a AAA discount on the room quite easily -- this has saved me quite a bit of money in the past.

Personally, with my young kids, I love staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. It's the smallest WDW resort, the kids love the colors and themeing, and there is only one bus stop. Also, there's a boat shuttle to Downtown Disney in the evenings -- lots of restaurants, stores, etc. that are easily accessible.

If a Moderate is a bit steep, then try Pop Century, which is the newest Value and runs its own bus.

I've nothing against staying off property, but with young children and wanting to go back to the hotel in the afternoon, it is much easier to stay on-property.

I hope this helps!

How about staying onsite at a value resort? They are clean and have nice pools and the food courts are also nice with a variety of choices. The rooms would be plenty big enough for the 3 of you. Your DD would love the themes especially at ASMo. And you are close enough to come back to your room mid afternoon if she needs a nap. You also would not have to rent a car that way and since you are meeting people who are also on site, it might be more convenient to get together with them. We love staying onsite, you never leave the magic that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter