Where would you eat on a dessert party night?

carolinainmymind

Mouseketeer
We have reservations at an upcoming Wishes Dessert Party...yay! Trying to decide where to eat before hand. Unfortunately skipping dinner is not an option...one of the kids is insulin dependent so having some form of dinner is a must to make it until dessert time. We were thinking Columbia House but managed to find a 4pm Park Fare reservation. Think Park Fare is too much food?

We have reservations at an upcoming Wishes Dessert Party...yay! Trying to decide where to eat before hand. Unfortunately skipping dinner is not an option...one of the kids is insulin dependent so having some form of dinner is a must to make it until dessert time. We were thinking Columbia House but managed to find a 4pm Park Fare reservation. Think Park Fare is too much food?

Congratulations on your trip!! For our next trip, we've booked the dessert party - and, I spent a lot of time - like you - trying to make this decision. Based on our prior dining experiences, we decided to go with CHH... for a couple of reasons - 1) Thought maybe a TS might be too much food, and we wouldn't really be able to 'appreciate' the dessert party and 2) Since we'd be spending 'time' at the dessert party, we didn't want to waste (our opinion - may not be the same for you) time doing a TS on that same night.

Hope you have a great time!!!!

We grabbed Waffle Sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow. Not on the dining plan, but good food and easy to walk around with.

We ate 1900 Park Fare before our dessert party in April... and we're stuffed to the gills. I managed to stuff more in at the party, but my dessert loving husband hardly had any desserts there! We were all just too full! I would suggest a counter service meal if you have to eat dinner. Next May we're planning to do a late LTT lunch on our party day!

I haven't been to the dessert party yet. But have been to 1900 and I would agree 1900 Park Fare and then dessert party would be too much. For our upcoming trip we have a late lunch (3pm) and the party starts at 9 with Wishes at 10.

For us, Park Fare would be way too much food at 4:00. When we did the Dessert Party we had a very late lunch at Cosmic Rays and shared 2 adult meals between 5 of us. I was still not as hungry as I would have liked to have been for the dessert party, but that didn't stop me from eating more than I should have.

I would share some counter service. Columbia House is one of our favorites; DD likes the clam chowder and a side of broccoli :) DH and I always share the shrimp platter.

We are planning on doing a 2:00 lunch at CP, and then splitting something small around 6:00. The current first choice is Pecos Bills.

We are planning on doing a 2:00 lunch at CP, and then splitting something small around 6:00. The current first choice is Pecos Bills.

Hope you have big stomachs because that is a lot of food before the Dessert Party. We ate breakfast, did the Wild Africa Trek (and got the light African meal at the boma) and did the Dessert Party that evening. If we had eaten any more, we wouldn't have enjoyed the party as much.

I'd skip Pecos Bills with a big lunch at 2PM before the party.

I planned a light dinner at the Plaza but I am second guessing it, and may just hit up a CS.

We have Tepan Edo at 4:10, then will walk to monorail, ride over to MK, do some more walking, then get in line for the party at 8.
The walking makse room for the desserts :rotfl:

We did an early dinner (5:30) at The Plaza, walked around for a bit, did a few rides, and by the time the Dessert Party was ready to roll, so were we. Congrats on your ressie!

You should consider a counter service meal. Pecos Bill's? Something smaller regardless.

We're having dinner at LTT at 4:30pm, so by 8:30 we'll be ravenous for the treats! :tongue:

December 16th here we come!! :banana::dance3::cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

we will be grabbing a hot dog at casey's, we did pecos bills last time and were still to full at the party.

DH and I shared a meal at Casey's a few hours prior to the dessert party. No way could I eat a full buffet meal plus the dessert party in one day.

Our Dessert Party in January is early - we have a 7:15 arrival reservation!!! I think a late lunch is in order, or maybe a small pick me up around 5 pm. I guess it is early due to being winter and Wishes seems to be at 8pm that night. Can't wait!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter