• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where would you eat dinner after a day at Epcot?

ammag

DIS Veteran
I am redoing our first Epcot day and remembered we have park hoppers, so I have more options.
Instead of asking about a specific restaurant I am wondering what others like to do? I'd prefer to stay at Epcot but am open to other ideas. Can be table or signature but not QS.
We will MOST likely be going to the hotel after a 5 (ish) pm dinner because we are doing rope drop the next morning at MK and the Epcot day is our third in a row.

We are doing Biergarten on our other Epcot day, but open to anyhitng else we like all types of foods!

Chefs de France or Teppan Edo for a table service, Yachtsman or Flying Fish for a signature.

when we are in Epcot...we prefer to stay there...for dinner...if we start the day off at another park and go back to our resort for a swim or rest...we go back to Epcot to eat dinner...if we are there in the pm...we are usually happy.......Our granddaughter and her husband recently were at Epcot and enjoyed the Japanese Hibachi ...they said it was the best they have been to...We did Biergarten when we were in Epcot for our afternoon...always enjoy the Illuminations too

We either do Coral Reef or walk over to Yachtsman. This year we're trying something different, Teppan Edo.

Its certainly personal preference and what you like to eat, but I'll put a vote in for staying at Epcot at La Hacienda de San Angel.

My sister and i have tried Chefs de France and it was fantastic (and we had very good service).

I got the filet de bœuf

461378198.jpg

My sister got the Canard aux cerises (cherries in alcool - very strong!)

383433200.jpg

The desserts

191318203.jpg

448526204.jpg

we do rose and crown and ask to sit outsite to see illuminations but you said 5 pm dinner so that wouldnt work (suggestion for next time :rolleyes1)
you could go to the YaBC for the cape may cafe seafood buffet. a way to stay near epcot but also see the boardwalk which you could walk to or take the boat. monorail hop over to ohanas, just a few suggestion that we like to do.

Teppan Edo, Chefs de France & San Angel are probably the easy and safe choices. I really enjoy Marrakesh but it doesn't get a lot of love on the boards. Most people seem to prefer the CS Tangierine Cafe for taste & value. And if many are planning on Tangierine Cafe for lunch, they don't want Moroccan again for a dinner later in their vacation. I enjoy the food, can't find it where I live, so do hit both on my trip. Worth checking out the menu online to see if there is anything you like & googling images of the interior. Its a beautiful dining space & some have been pleasantly surprised by their dining experience. Cape May Cafe Buffet at the Beach Club is a tasty seafood & salad buffet with many choices. The boat ride to and from Epcot's International Gateway is also lovely in the evening.

We've taken the monorail to the Poly and had sushi at Kona Café. It was a great way to unwind from the park.

My choices in descending order:
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club
  • Flying Fish at the Boardwalk
  • Chef's de France inside Epcot
  • Brown Derby over in Hollywood Studios (take the boat from the International Gateway to get there)

Stay in Epcot and try Coral Reef, or skip over to Cape May Cafe...it's just a short walk. We usually hit it up twice since we're big crab leg fans

We just had dinner at the new Italian place on the Boardwalk, Trattoria al Forno. It was fantastic!!!!! Short walk from Epcot and something different since it is new!

Also, ate at Spice Road in Feb. I really enjoyed it! Another different option if you want to stay in Epcot

I honestly love eating/drinking around the World Showcase, so I could do that all day, including QS at the Patisserie in France & fish and chips from the UK, so that may be my first pick, just because I love to sample everything.

I also love the pizza at Via Napoli, so if you chose to stay in the park and I had to pick a restaurant, that'd be my pick.

Also I'll put it out there that we had an awesome meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year, so if you are thinking of something outside the parks and nearby, we loved it there.

We loved Spice Road Table last year, but haven't been since it's been added to the dining plan, so not sure what if any changes the menu's been through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter