• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where would you choose your 40th birthday adults only dinner?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
DH is surprising me with a trip to WDW for my 40th birthday in November. We will be staying at the Swan, just DH and I, no kids. I realize my choices may be limited now, but what are some good suggestions. Not V&A. So used to doing Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace, :) I'm not sure where to go when its just me and him. Help!

The Flying Fish at the Boardwalk is pretty cool. The food there was very good. The food has a more adult feel, while still having a fun atmosphere. Although they need to bring back the chocolate lava cake!
Also, if I were having a fancy meal, I'd like to try that Bleuzoo place (mostly seafood I think) at the Dolphin.

My first choice would be the Flying Fish. If you are not seafood lovers, they make a wonderful steak, too.
Another great choice would be Jiko.
Both of these places have excellent service, beautiful decor and great places to explore before or after dinner.

If you like steak I'd go to Shula's. If you're looking for a more romantic Disney place I'd go to Citricos. Maine :firefight

roliepolieoliefan said:
DH is surprising me with a trip to WDW for my 40th birthday in November. We will be staying at the Swan, just DH and I, no kids. I realize my choices may be limited now, but what are some good suggestions. Not V&A. So used to doing Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace, :) I'm not sure where to go when its just me and him. Help!

I am taking my bride-and-joy for her__0th B-Day ( :) ) to Citricos, at the GF. It may be a step down from V&A's, but fit' s our lifestyle better! Enjoy! Bob

Have no suggestions on a restaurant, I just wanted to say how much I LOVE your family photo in your sig!!
:love:

while im only 22 i consider myself an adult and an expert on great food, and if i was you my two choices would be Le Cellier or Cali Grill (around 9:45 watch the fireworks over dinner)

I like Narcoosee's @ GF. It felt very adult and the food was great. + the absolutely breathtaking romantic view of Wishes.

:sunny: Hi

Has to be California Grill, a beautiful meal and service with spectacular views. My tip would be to watch wishes from the balcony sipping champagne then sit down for a great meal looking over the castle all lit up.

Have a great birthday :goodvibes

Happy 40th birthday! We are celebrating my dh's 40th birthday in Disney on October 3. He "requested" Teppanyaki for that night (with kids). If we were doing adult-only dining, we'd probably be going back to Artist Point at the WL. We LOVE LOVE LOVE that place! The food is awesome!! Service is Awesome!!

Good luck deciding and enjoy!!

Bistro de Paris was one of the more romantic restaurants we've been to. It's smaller and more intimate, and we had great food and service. We also like Artist Point and Le Cellier (though there can be kids here).

CharleyUK said:
:sunny: Hi

Has to be California Grill, a beautiful meal and service with spectacular views. My tip would be to watch wishes from the balcony sipping champagne then sit down for a great meal looking over the castle all lit up.

Have a great birthday :goodvibes

Agree completely. Wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary there this past May and it was, without a doubt, the most romantic, wonderful meal we've ever had.

Went out on the observation deck for Wishes. Had a relaxing, in no hurry, wonderful meal. I would highly recommend it.

California Grill! I get the impression you need a place that doesn't serve chicken tenders on the menu or asks you do you want fries with that? :rotfl:

I'd probably want to take a liesurely stroll over to the Yachtman's Steakhouse. :bday:

I will be celebrating my BIG 5-0 with 8 girlfriends the first weekend of November and we will have the "official" birthday dinner at California Grill...hoping our reservation time allows us to see Wishes fireworks but will just have to bide our time til Nov. park hours are released! Then we may have to scramble to adjust ADR! Happy 40th!

ccw said:
I will be celebrating my BIG 5-0 with 8 girlfriends the first weekend of November and we will have the "official" birthday dinner at California Grill...hoping our reservation time allows us to see Wishes fireworks but will just have to bide our time til Nov. park hours are released! Then we may have to scramble to adjust ADR! Happy 40th!

Just FYI - we had a 7:30 reservation - requested a window and got seated around 8:00 p.m. - Wishes was at 10 and we were still eating our entrees! It's definitely a nicely, slower paced meal.

I'm also going for my 40th in November. My sister and BIL are watching the kids for one night. DH and I are having dinner at Fulton's and then going to PI.

California grill. late dinner with fireworks at a restaurant whose key phrase is not "do you want fries with that"! DW and I had a great time on our anniversary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter