Where will DD sleep when she is too big for Pack and Play?

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
Hi!
At our recent trip to SSR we found a 1 bed villa perfectly fit our needs. At bedtime our DD 16 months would happily sleep in the pack and play by the window in the master bedroom. We would stay in the living room and come to bed later and this wouldn't disturb her.

When she is too big for the pack and play, what will we do? I dont want to have to get a 2 bedroom villa just for a toddler to have a bedroom but where will she sleep otherwise?

I thought of putting her to bed in the master bed then transferring her to the sofabed when we go to bed. This of course could wake her up.

Or maybe a ready bed?

Also she is average sized and very happy in the pack and play. At what age roughly can I expect her to outgrow it?

What do others with young children do?

Thanks for any replies
Mandy ::MinnieMo

My kids were never big pack n play sleepers.

We spent a year at Disney with me sleeping between them, then moving them.

There would be a lot of room for a bed on the floor of the Master Bedroom.

Last trip my kids slept on the hideabed. We just finished our evening in the Master Bedroom or out on the balcony. We were usually in bed shortly after the kids anyway.

How about getting an Aero Bed. We bought one for our trip to HH last summer, it fit perfectly in a carrier on size suitcase.

When my kids (4 of them) were little and we stayed in my dad's one bedroom beach place, we put two of them on the floor in sleeping bags of the bedroom. We drove and were able to bring the crib mattress as a cushion, but kids don't seem to mind sleeping on the carpet. My DH and I took the pull out sofa bed in the living room because two other kids were in the queen bed.

:earsgirl:

I think DD outgrew these pack & play's by her third birthday if not before... What we did (and still usually do LOL...) is set her up with blankets & couch cushions in the master bedroom between the bed & bathroom wall... she's always liked this & still does, although she's just six now.... our DS who is 9 started to prefer sleeping on the sofa when he turned 8.... up until then we'd done the same thing for him on the other side of the bed!

We once got a 2 bedroom when the kids were young (3 & 5) and it was a complete WASTE, they wouldn't even go in the second bedroom, it was too far away in a strange place for them... Maybe when DD is older we will get the 2 bedroom... we still have a few years.

Now I like that idea chris1gill!!! I will have to remember that one!

Thanks everyone for great replies!
::MinnieMo

Originally posted by mrsminniemouse
What do others with young children do?
We always use a 1-BR. When my girls outgrew cribs / pack and play, they just slept on the convertible bed.

My DD who is now 6 LOVES that pack n play!!!! We get a 2 BR now and this last trip, she slept in the pack n play!!! Talk about being too big for it!! But she loved it.........she has always associated a pack n play with Disney. When we used to come home from our trips she would ask to take her pack n play out and play 'vacation'.

YOu will definelty 'grow' into the 2 BR..........we have and absolutely love it. But, when my girls were younger, they slept on the floor in the MBR or even in the bed with us.............

good luck and enjoy these precious days of the kids being young.....they grow up way to fast........

Just wanted to add that the sofa or loveseat cushions make a nice bed when placed against a wall and made up with the blankets for the sleepsofa.

Shan
I agree, those ready beds look great. I live in England and I have seen them here in Toys R Us too. When Jennifer is a bit older that will be the way to go for vacations and sleepovers. Thanks!

(I never posted on the other thread but you were a great Alice!)

On this last trip, both our kids starting sleeping on the sofa bed. Our daughter is 4 and son is 2 1/2. Most nights we all had the same bedtime. But a few nights, we let the kids fall asleep in the Master bed. Then we picked them up and moved them to the sofa bed later on. You'll probably find that as your child gets older, moving them from one bed to another won't wake them up. Once our kids are asleep, we can even watch TV in the same room with them and they don't wake up!

Originally posted by lenshanem
Aerobeds and easy!
Also, what about something like this?
princess inflatable readybed

It appears it has free shipping right now, too!

I just bought a Scooby-Doo one at Target for DS5 to use at my mother's house. I think it was on sale last week for 24.99. It comes with a foot pump and blew up relatively easily and quickly. I'm thinking about picking the princess one up for DD 21/2, but I'm not ready to let her out of the pack'n play yet....containment is everything!!!;)

We have the princess ready-bed. It is really cool, and my dd (2) LOVES it!!! You can order a battery operated pump from the manufacturer, and I highly recommend doing so!!! I HATED the foot pump that it came with, but it pumps up VERY fast using the battery one!!!

:wave:

Beca

Mandy,

How was SSR for you? I would love to hear what you thought :)

My first trip "home" is only two months now and I can't wait!

Cheers

Karen

Just another option, I think that you can order bed rails from the hotels that could be used on the sofa when your little one gets too big for the pack-n-play. Then you would still have the master bed. My kids are usually so tired by the end of the day, they crash. I think a bomb could go off and they wouldn't notice. Have a great trip!

Hi Karen

We really loved our trip to SSR. It was our first trip to a DVC resort and it was fantastic. Our room was great, the location was perfect, it was a brilliant trip - despite the hurricane!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=656020

This link should take you to my report on our trip.

Lucky you, still having your trip to look forward to!

Any questions, feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter