Where will ABD go next?

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by adeline723, Jun 28, 2012.

1. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Or possibly a market for Japanese speaking travelers ?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jsebsirois

jsebsirois DIS Veteran

I would love that they add a tour in French Canada : Montreal and Quebec City... that way, I could become an ABD guide!

4. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

I don't remember all of the details, and I don't know if it's still true, but a couple of years ago they had a Canadian ABD, and I was told there were issues with the Canadian government, in that the Guides had to be Canadian, and I don't think ABD had the control over their training that they wanted. That's why the trip is now half USA & half Canada (Banff area). So I don't know if they'd do Montreal & Quebec City unless there was some way to combine it with a part of the US. Although I *LOVE* Montreal, and would LOVE to see Quebec City!

Sayhello

5. XGrumpy1

XGrumpy1 DIS Veteran

Norway! In a heartbeat!

6. DisneyCruiser83

DisneyCruiser83 You jump, I jump, Jack!

With the addition of Hawaii this past April/May and what I have heard while onboard, I think going to Asia via the ship is in the works. I don't think it will be upcoming, but maybe in 2015! I would love to leave LA, stop in Hawaii and head to Japan!

DCL usually announces their bookings spread out over time (at least that seems to have been the model the last couple of years). Some more mundane itineraries were released in the fall, and then the more special/new itineraries were announced around January or so. I don't know if that is what it will be like this time, but it would give you an idea.
    I am really sorry DH and I missed the Baltics cruise when it came around, if it came back we would book in a heartbeat!

7. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

[​IMG]

I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but I thought it might spark some more conversation. I noticed they had Provence as well as Austria/Czech Rep (Prague) up there. Those would be cool. Not sure why they would combine Provence with Paris though. Paris is already pretty well represented.

8. RSM

RSM Mouseketeer

I took it that they were including adventures that have also been discontinued. At one point they had the Provence/Paris ABD and Austria/Czech Republic ABD, along with Northern CA.

9. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

That would make sense. Too bad.

10. danv3

danv3 Mouseketeer

Japan is the one I have always hoped for as well. We'd book it immediately if offered.

11. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

We were on a river boat cruise on the Danube this past summer and I would think that ABD would be a good fit to do river cruising in Europe.

12. Bobo912

Bobo912 DIS Veteran

I think Iceland would be a good addition.