• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where was your favourite meal?

I tend to eat 90% of the time off the Disney Sites.

It's not that I dislike the food in Disney, but I just like to get out and about and sample American culture.

My favourite place for a great breakfast, is a place called Robinson's Coffee Shop, which is located in Kissimmee's historic district. It's not very big, and is more of an old fashioned coffee shop for the locals, but the staff are very friendly and you get a lot of breakfast for your money.

The Golden Coral located on the 192 road, with it's eat all you can buffet was also really good.

Best on disney for lunch is the shrimp po boy sandwich & fries in Old Key West, for dinner would have to be the Cape May buffet, and of all time is definitely Wendy's quarter pounder and fries, biggie sized, ( forget Macdonalds),

which incidentally, I will be eating at about 8pm Orlando time on Saturday!

Oh, and if you need a morning snack, MK cinammon roll with large latte.

My hidden gem is the Kona Café at the Polynesian. Really nice food, lovely presentation and a nice break from the parks. Same goes for the Concourse Steakhouse. Especially if you go for lunch it can really refuel you being out of the hectic.

Cape May buffet is excellent for an evening meal
Also loved Spoodles

I enjoyed Boma and 'Ohana, but my favourite meal was a double bacon burger and fries from the food court at POR :)

The best on-site meal for me was the Tepanyaki at Japan in Epcot. We had so much fun and the food was great.

The best off-site meal was DUX at the Peabody. We had the chef's selection (6 courses) and it was amazing. Possibly the best meal I've ever had. It's not cheap, though, about $300 for the 2 of us.

On-site we really enjoyed Planet Hollywood - steaks are enormous and cooked to perfection.

Off-site we enjoyed Ponderosa Steak House on 192 - great steak/chicken/seafood meals which include an all-you-can-eat buffet and dessert station. Very good value for money.

2005 - Best Western Lakeside :p

Off site it has to be Tony Roma's, their ribs are to die for absolutely scrummy and their jacket potato soup - out of this world, i'm feeling hungry after reading this thread :rotfl2:

ttfn
Sharon x princess:

Offsite HAS to be Bahama Breeze! Wonderful food, HUGE drinks menu, great atmosphere and fantastic value for money! We really like it here!!

I enjoyed Akershus at Epcot. You get to nibble on a few dishes and their is a buffet too. I enjoyed Bahama Breeze at LBV, but not so much on I-Drive.

My favourite offsite meal was at Bahama Breeze. Fantastic food, great service & atmosphere.

Onsite - it is so difficult to choose so I would have to break it down into categories ;)

Best meal overall - Hollywood Brown Derby. The food was exceptional, as was the service. We really liked the setting as well. I rated HBD over the Flying Fish & Jiko (which were both also excellent).

Best buffet - Boma. I could have eaten here several times over the trip and not tired of it (had I had the opportunity to!)

Best character meal - Cape May Cafe. Character interraction was brilliant; it seemed a touch more relaxed then other character meals I have had. Food was good and they had Krispy Kremes :love:

Best counter service - ABC Commissary at MGM. It's your basic burger & fries but I really like the setting here.

Frances - great thread!! Thank goodness you enjoyed Le Cellier :teeth: or I would have felt awful, LOL.

Did you really have to get me started? ;)

Favourite onsite is definitely V&As, although, of course, it is in a class of its own and not necessarily the kind of dining experience you'd want every day.

California Grill never fails to please. Those which have been in favour in the past, but would not necessarily make the all-time favourite list, are (in no particular order): Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe, Artist Point, Wolfgang Puck's, Citricos. In parks (same criteria) I would say Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, 50s Prime Time Cafe.

bluezoo at the Dolphin has been a good experience (twice), although it's probably time to try somewhere different.

Have loved and outgrown so many offsite - Race Rock, The Cheesecake Factory, The Palm (at HRH) all spring to mind. Currently still loving McCormick and Schmick's, Salt Island Steakhouse and Fish Market, Norman's (at the Ritz-Carlton), Old Hickory Steakhouse (Gaylord Palms), Ruth's Chris, Primo (JY Marriott). Hard Rock Cafe and Rainforest Cafe are perenial favourites in that they fit the bill for what we want at the time.

I've always wanted to try Bistro de Paris, but it never seems to fit our schedule - based on your recommendation, Frances, maybe we'll make it this time. I can never pass up Foie Gras on a menu! We're also going to give 'Ohana a go this time. It's never really appealed, but it gets so many rave revues, I figure it's got to be worth a go.

Hated, hated, hated Bahama Breeze. I just don't get it. The atmosphere and service were great, but the food?! Yeeeeuck! I would be embarrassed to serve that up at home!

Onsite - to be honest, we haven't tried that many but of the ones we have it has to be Chef Mickey's. I know it's a buffet but the whole experience is just so good !

Offsite - Bennigan's. Now a staple family favourite and worth 2-3 visits each trip.

Other - Mythos at IOA. Tried it this year for the first time and definitely the best restaurant we've been to in Orlando.

Garry

Hi just back today (well yesterday, but I'm still on Floridian time!). Our faves were:

Boma - fantastic food and service, and something for all of us including the kids. Expected greater things from the zebra domes, but they were good enough.
Followed in no particular order by
Le Cellier (best waiter explaining the dining plan, and advising us to order the special - fillet mignon and lobster tail! and most expensive bill - $195),
California Grill (setting unbelievable, ex marine waiter who thanked us for being Brits, he used to fly with the para's! He also ordered extra stuff for us to get a taste of everthing available on the dining plan! and this was the one restaurant where we didn't feel like we had to vacate our table as soon as possible, as some do.)
and Kona cafe at the Poly, went here as we couldn't get in Ohana and were pleasantly surprised by the food.

Counter service - I agree with ABC commissary at MGM - food good, props great to look at, and music from old tv shows, MASH, Hill Street Blues, etc., me and DH trying to guess them and kids looking bewildered!!

Best Character Breakfast was a tie between Crystal Palace with Winnie and friends, and Ohana - food and service excellent. CRT had the best setting but we were disappointed with the food, PSB Norway was a let down in all departments.

Whispering Canyon Cafe was good for the CM interaction, and the kids loved it, dare to ask for the ketchup!!!

Biggest let down was Sci Fi diner, which we loved last year. Our server seemed uninterested, allowing us to choose from the lunch menu, then telling us it should have been the dinner menu, and then just telling us what was and wasn't available instead of going to get us another menu. It was our first day and we were tired, so didn't bother pushing it. We asked her for the glowing ice cubes for the kids and never got them. And the food was distinctly average.

I've rambled, can't you tell I've just got back and dying to share everything!!!!

Charley's Steak House and Fulton's Crab House are both superb. Olive Garden and B-Line Diner are exceptionally good value. Friendly's on I-Drive for a really good breakfast.

Lol

Onsite it has to be the Yachtsman steakhouse, yummy -

Yachtsman_Ribeye.JPG

As for offsite we had a really nice meal at Red Lobster at Crossroads :)

Claire ;)

Our favorite memory (and the meal was excellent too) was "The Coral Reef Restaurant" in the Living Seas Pavillion at Epcot. This place is amazing! One whole wall is a window into the living seas aquarium. My son was mesmerized!
We went for lunch -- since it's a pricey place -- and got the first seating at 11:00 am. Because we were among the first to arrive we got one of the coveted tables right at the aquarium! The fish are literally right next to you! It was wonderful.
Another favorite is "Columbia Harbor House" in the Liberty section of Magic Kingdom. This is just a quick service place (cheap) but they serve wonderful New Enland Clam Chowder in a bread bowl that will fill you to the brim!
Enjoy! :flower:

Favouites for us all, Olive Garden and The Cheescake Factory.
Best find this time around following a recommendation from this site Sweet Tomatoes on I Drive, Salads, Soup, Pizza and pastas. Well worth a visit..

Citricos at the Grand Floridian - the salmon was to die for.

but in truth we enjoyed all our meals at WDW (we ate at: Prime Time Cafe in MGM both for lunch and dinner, Citricos at the GF for dinner, the cafe at the GF for dinner, Earl of Sandwich, Morrocco for dinner, Plaza Restaurant in the MK for lunch, Chrystal Palace for breakfast, Whispering Canyon for breakfast, various and sundry counter places, also private dining at the GF which was probably our second favorite after citricos).

oh....there was one awful place - 1900 park fare for breakfast - but every other restaurant was enjoyable with either good or great food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter