Where to write about bad experience?

cindermomma

DIS Veteran
Can someone please tell me where to write about a BAD experience at POP last week? In bad, I mean, I am sure that my family was bitten by bed bugs, went to the front desk and they REFUSED to move us since we didn't actually SEE any bugs on the sheets. We all have bites and rashes and I am FURIOUS!! The front supervisor and CM was NO help. I asked when the manager was on duty - always the next day. Never there when I went down there. This is coming from a Dis'er who loves Disney and (use) to love POP. Help!

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the address for Guest Communications, in the mean time...... Are these bites all over your body, or only on lower legs. There is a very common rash that people get at Disney, usually on the lower leg, it is actually from the sun reflecting off the pavement, it doesn't look like a sunburn, but like bites or a rash. I have also been reading a few threads about yellow flies being bad right now(FW is being sprayed nightly), generally you won't notice these bites when they happen but after awhile they are like the worst mosquito bites ever.

Bed bugs happen at every hotel, so it is possible that is what you have. Did you pull the sheets back and check along the headboard for signs of the bugs, small rust colored areas? If your room did indeed have bedbugs chances are you have now brought them home. If haven't brought your suitcases in yet, DON'T, wash everything you can in the hottest water you can. Leave what you can't wash in sealed bags out in the sun for a while. You probably need to google ways to get ride of bed bugs, it is not easy for pros, even harder for the rest of us.

Here is the address

WDW Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the address for Guest Communications, in the mean time...... Are these bites all over your body, or only on lower legs. There is a very common rash that people get at Disney, usually on the lower leg, it is actually from the sun reflecting off the pavement, it doesn't look like a sunburn, but like bites or a rash.

Thank you for posting this!! I was there this past may, and had that nasty rash. You just eased my mind. :worship:

The bites/rash did start on the ankles and then we have them on our thighs, elbows, and neck. It is worse on the lower half of our bodies, but concerns me that it is really everywhere (except face and head). Unfortunately, we did bring the bags in. I have washed everything in them. I took the bags outside shortly after lugging them in. I am pretty scared. I hope it is just other bug bites!!! Thanks for the address. I know bugs happen in every hotel. I am not mad that they were there, but mad at the lack of action on Disney's part. They said if I see bugs, to call and if they come to our room and see them that they would move us (they had PLENTY of other rooms they said). I asked to be moved now - nope - they needed to see the bugs. Why couldn't they move me? Even if I was wrong to make me feel better??? I did look on the mattress (learned from here!) and did not see any black or rust. I only looked on the corners though. I thought if they were there, I would see them on the corners only. No flames of what I should have done. I had a problem and tried to resolve it while there. Thanks for the address and for the ideas.

BTW - this was just the tip of the iceberg for some bad experiences there this time. One other thing that sticks out is a young man (18 maybe) taking off his shoes and socks at Columbia Harbor House while eating and seeing him rub his sweaty feet. The smell of his feet did not go too good with our fish. The CM said there was really nothing they could do - REALLY?? This was at the table next to ours. We promptly moved. :sick:

BTW - this was just the tip of the iceberg for some bad experiences there this time. One other thing that sticks out is a young man (18 maybe) taking off his shoes and socks at Columbia Harbor House while eating and seeing him rub his sweaty feet. The smell of his feet did not go too good with our fish. The CM said there was really nothing they could do - REALLY?? This was at the table next to ours. We promptly moved. :sick:

:scared1: :sick:

Some people are gross.

That's just gross!

The bites/rash did start on the ankles and then we have them on our thighs, elbows, and neck. It is worse on the lower half of our bodies, but concerns me that it is really everywhere (except face and head). Unfortunately, we did bring the bags in. I have washed everything in them. I took the bags outside shortly after lugging them in. I am pretty scared. I hope it is just other bug bites!!! Thanks for the address. I know bugs happen in every hotel. I am not mad that they were there, but mad at the lack of action on Disney's part. They said if I see bugs, to call and if they come to our room and see them that they would move us (they had PLENTY of other rooms they said). I asked to be moved now - nope - they needed to see the bugs. Why couldn't they move me? Even if I was wrong to make me feel better??? I did look on the mattress (learned from here!) and did not see any black or rust. I only looked on the corners though. I thought if they were there, I would see them on the corners only. No flames of what I should have done. I had a problem and tried to resolve it while there. Thanks for the address and for the ideas.

We recently had the pleasure (NOT!!) of watching a lady shave her legs while having dinner at WDW. Sometimes the guests are ruining the experience.

No flames here, you tried your best to resolve the situation while there, the CMs were not helpful(at least in regard to the possible bed bugs). As for the behavior of other guests, the CM's hand are sort of tied. The guy at Harbour house was gross, but not doing anything a CM would risk a confrontation over.

Have you googled bed bugs and compared your "bites" to the ones shown on web sites. If it is bed bugs I would be freaked out thinking they may now be in my house and car, those suckers can get around.

My wife just read about a great way to check for Bed Bugs (from a lady who’s husband was a hotel manager), I hope I do not offend.
You will need a Maxi Pad. First thing leave your luggage outside the door. Pull back the sheets, and expose the adhesive of the maxi pad, and rub it along the sheets and mattress at the foot of the bed. If you find red or brown dots (dried blood fresh and old) you have bug bites. Bring the Maxi Pad down to the front desk and show them. I think the Maxi Pad works two ways one it is solid proof, and secondly the manager will want to take care of the person waiving a maxi pad around the front desk.

Hope it helps in the future.

I think the Maxi Pad works two ways one it is solid proof, and secondly the manager will want to take care of the person waiving a maxi pad around the front desk.

:rotfl:

No flames here, you tried your best to resolve the situation while there, the CMs were not helpful(at least in regard to the possible bed bugs). As for the behavior of other guests, the CM's hand are sort of tied. The guy at Harbour house was gross, but not doing anything a CM would risk a confrontation over.

Have you googled bed bugs and compared your "bites" to the ones shown on web sites. If it is bed bugs I would be freaked out thinking they may now be in my house and car, those suckers can get around.

No, I realize that now. This was just towards the end and I was pretty fed up. :goodvibes You just have to wonder about people's manners! :confused3 He was with his parents and they actually suggested he take his shoes off. Yikes. My DS9 asked me about it and I just explained that is in-appropriate for a restaurant (or our own table for that matter);). We also ate a meal on with our tray on top of the trash can at Casey's due to 1/2 the tables full of 1 person sitting there holding tables. But, whatever - we were in Disney, right??:goodvibes

OMG!!! I was at the BWV in May, and I had a huge bit, that was from a spider....BUT I had several different bites that I STILL have on me, I had to be brought to the hospital in WDW due to bacterial infection that was gained due to the bite! I just finished them! I looked online for bed bugs bites...after reading this thread......that is just what I had, or still have!!! UUGHHH! now what?

OMG!!! I was at the BWV in May, and I had a huge bit, that was from a spider....BUT I had several different bites that I STILL have on me, I had to be brought to the hospital in WDW due to bacterial infection that was gained due to the bite! I just finished them! I looked online for bed bugs bites...after reading this thread......that is just what I had, or still have!!! UUGHHH! now what?

Seems we are kind of in the same boat! I looked online and mine look just like it too. A previous poster said they are hard to get rid of in your home. Did you have swelling from it too? We did.

I think this thread should be stickied.

That way people can have quick access to information/address as to how to address not-so-Disney service at WDW.

:thumbsup2

Seems we are kind of in the same boat! I looked online and mine look just like it too. A previous poster said they are hard to get rid of in your home. Did you have swelling from it too? We did.

I kept waking up with bites on me!!! swell? haa haa, I had to cut my trip short and get home QUICK!! I have so much pain and swelling, my doctor tried to measure them, and they were so big, it just measured across my legs! I did not even get on any rides in Disney! Should I call the manager so he knows of the resort? He was in my room when they had to call 911 and get me to the hospital. oh, then I had a reaction to the medication they put me on!
and yes...I still have scars and marks! I have not seen anything ..anywhere as far as bugs. and I had washed everything in the BWV before I packed to come home. so if that helped...maybe it did...:confused3

well, just so you know, I called the BWV and talked to a CM, gave her a run down. She said the best person to talk to is the Management in Housekeeping, so that is what I just did, I gave her the room number ...she looked up my ressies, that way she is getting pest control in there ASAP, so that the next guest will not have to go thru what I did!
she was sooo nice! she is getting back to me by friday!

I kept waking up with bites on me!!! swell? haa haa, I had to cut my trip short and get home QUICK!! I have so much pain and swelling, my doctor tried to measure them, and they were so big, it just measured across my legs! I did not even get on any rides in Disney! Should I call the manager so he knows of the resort? He was in my room when they had to call 911 and get me to the hospital. oh, then I had a reaction to the medication they put me on!
and yes...I still have scars and marks! I have not seen anything ..anywhere as far as bugs. and I had washed everything in the BWV before I packed to come home. so if that helped...maybe it did...:confused3

I thought I had it bad! Yikes! I did have some bad swelling (for me). I couldn't wear my tennis shoes and my crocs were sooooo tight. My DH looked at my foot once (wearing the tennis shoes for the last time), and said "Your sock is sticking way out" Ummm...not my sock Dear. That's my ankle. I haven't seen any bugs here yet. I washed everything right away. My swelling is starting to go down today finally and the bites and rash do look a bit better. DS9 still has rash up his thighs and some on his back. I think we should call/write anyone we can. I certainly don't want this to happen to anyone else! It's awful. Praying for your health to keep improving!! So nice to talk to someone. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter