Where to watch wishes from GF

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
Where at the GF is a good place to watch Wishes. We currently have a ADR at Citricos to watch them, but after hearing that it is not a good place to see them, I am thinking about making my ressie earlier and then leaving the restaurant to find a nice place to watch them.
Any suggestions?

We always like watching them at the marina in front of Gasparillas. They even have tables and chairs set up. Or you can watch them from the boat dock but that tends to get more crowded.

DisneyMomx7 said:
We always like watching them at the marina in front of Gasparillas. They even have tables and chairs set up.

::yes::

At the GF, consider watching the fireworks from the Water Taxi Dock and Narcoossee's.

You can't really see them from the beach...its on then other side.

The marina is a great place. We saw them on the ferry back to the GF....so beautiful

The music for Wishes is only piped into Narcoosee's. Therefore you will not be able to hear it from the marina area. You can hear it near the Narcoosee's.

Hopefully this is not the only time you will be watching, as you can not get the full effect without being in the park.

When I was there in Feb. and May, there was a speaker hidden in the landscaping at the top of the steps that go down to the tables at the marina. We sat on the ledge in front of the hidden speaker and heard everything just fine. It did seem they could have turned up the volume however. The nights we watched ftom the marina, there seemed to be fewer people. The dock was much more populated.

DisneyMomx7 said:
We always like watching them at the marina in front of Gasparillas. They even have tables and chairs set up. Or you can watch them from the boat dock but that tends to get more crowded.
Do you have to get there (the marina) early to get a table and a seat?

I would say 15 minutes before Wishes starts is sufficient to get a seat. At least that's how it's always been in July.

We are having dinner at 1900 Park Fair at 8:00 on October 3...Any ideas on whether we can get to marina area (or other area) to see Wishes that night?
I made the ADR before the October park hrs came out, and now I hate to miss the nighttime show! ::MickeyMo

The marina is a 5-minute stroll from 1900 Park Fair. I would arrive early for your ADR and see if you can get seated earlier (or see if there is an earlier time available now). Since it's a buffet, you're kind of in control of your dning pace. You can also stroll to the boat dock (which is an additional 2 minutes) if you prefer that location. Enjoy! We'll be at the GF on the 3rd, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter