• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to watch football game?? (Contemporary, specifically)

mom2aiden

Mouseketeer
I know, silly question. But my DH is a big Bills fan and will want to watch their game against Miami while we are there in October. His only request is this, so I will oblige. :rolleyes1

We will be at the MK that day, and plan to take an afternoon break. It works out well, b/c the game is at 1pm. (I'm assuming it should be over around 4??) Anyway, I was hoping that the game would be on local Orlando TV (since it is a Miami game). We are staying at the Contemporary, so do you think he would be able to watch this in the room or is there a bar in the hotel where he may be able to catch it? Is there a way to find out if it would be broadcasted locally?

I know there is the ESPN club, but it sounds like it gets crowded quick, and it doesn't seem like it is very close to the MK or Contemporary. I'd like to be able to go back to the MK after the game is over.

TIA!! :thumbsup2

Hi,

Looking at the 1:00 CBS games for October 26, I'd say there is a very good chance that the game will be on the Orlando CBS affiliate, but there is no way of being 100% sure right now. If it is, he can watch the game in your room. If not, the ESPN Club would be his best bet (but get there early!).

Since it's Miami it will probably be on an Orlando station. You can check that as it gets closer. ESPN is on the Boardwalk and is a trip from CR -- using the monorail to Epcot then walking through Epcot to IG and then to the Boardwalk. You can take the bus from MK to the BW also. That would be much faster. When I'm at WDW I just enable my phone to get scores. I've been a Bills season ticket holder for years.

I have watched MANY football games at the Outer Rim in the Contemporary. Not sure how it is set up now with the change in the quick service to upstairs but the Outer Rim has always been comfortable and friendly place to grab a drink and watch the games.

I have watched MANY football games at the Outer Rim in the Contemporary. Not sure how it is set up now with the change in the quick service to upstairs but the Outer Rim has always been comfortable and friendly place to grab a drink and watch the games.

The lounges (and the resort rooms) don't have access to all the stations that ESPN club has, like previous posts said, if it's on the local affiliate or a station that Disney's cable carries - you're ok. But from what my DH learned at the ESPN Club while we were staying at the BW, ESPN has satelite. But the pool bar and other lounges at BW could not get everything - just what's on Disney's basic cable.

My BF only request is to go somewhere to watch a game in Sept. and I found that the only place that has ESPN2 (we're staying at the Dolphin that doesn't have it :( ) is ESPN Club. Hopefully we will get a table.

All Disney resorts have ESPN and ESPN2.

The lounges (and the resort rooms) don't have access to all the stations that ESPN club has, like previous posts said, if it's on the local affiliate or a station that Disney's cable carries - you're ok. But from what my DH learned at the ESPN Club while we were staying at the BW, ESPN has satelite. But the pool bar and other lounges at BW could not get everything - just what's on Disney's basic cable.

The Bills-Dolphins game will be televised on CBS, and no other network.

As I said before, I'm almost certain the game will be on the Orlando CBS affiliate.

ESPN Club does fill up extremely soon (especially if its not a 1 o'clock game!)

If you can't get the game at the Contemporary - try taking a cab to All Star Sports Cafe. Great (not busy) place to watch the game!!

As everyone said the game should be on the CBS Orlando station and you should be able to watch it in your room. If for whatever reason you want to watch it at the ESPN Club, you don't need to take the Monorail to Epcot and walk to the Boardwalk. All you would need to do is walk to the Magic Kingdom bus station and get on the Disney Transport Bus to the Boardwalk.

The Bills-Dolphins game will be televised on CBS, and no other network.

As I said before, I'm almost certain the game will be on the Orlando CBS affiliate.

You might want to check who the Jacksonville Jags are playing that Sunday.
The Jags are in the AFC along w/Miami and if both teams are on at the same time I'm not sure who gets televised (JAX is closer to Orlando than Miami)
This is if you want to watch on local TV. ESPN Zone will have it without question.

You might want to check who the Jacksonville Jags are playing that Sunday.
The Jags are in the AFC along w/Miami and if both teams are on at the same time I'm not sure who gets televised (JAX is closer to Orlando than Miami)
This is if you want to watch on local TV. ESPN Zone will have it without question.
The Buffalo/Miami game is at 1:00 PM and the Jacksonville game is at 4:05 PM, so there should be no problems for coverage on CBS that day.

We've got this question for TG - Cowboys 3:15. I was going to send the hubby to EXPN club while we stayed at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter