Where to watch fireworks outside of park

You can see the MK fireworks shows very well from the TTC
(and they pipe-in clear, crisp audio from the show.)
Note: you are not allowed to stand directly in the actual Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

For many years, the traditional go-to fireworks viewing has been at the beach at the Polynesian Resort.
But now, at the Poly, there is much construction and a great deal of MK views on the beach has been blocked by the new DVC buildings that are set in the Lagoon. In the future, we'll have more info about possible good viewing from the Poly area, but for this year, I'd steer clear
of the Poly beach.

Poly-TTC-Reg_053015_zpsfug1iwhg.jpg

-----------------------------
At the Grand Floridian, you can see the fireworks from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.
The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)
The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.
Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.

The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.

But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

--------------------------
Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

----------------------------------

Last edited:
I agree. With those two parameters, the TTC would probably fit the bill. As for how early, I would be in the area there, for the 4th, maybe 45-60 minutes before the fireworks start.

I will be in Orlando with a friend for a conference across the 4th of July. I am the trip planner for the two of us, and I'm trying to make sure to do the best I can. We will not have a rental car, so will be relying on Disney transportation from the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, where we will be staying.

We will be in meetings all day on the 4th of July, so will not be using park admission to enter any of the parks that night. I've read the above suggestions, but now I've read that only resort guests will have this option because CMs will scan magic bands.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone confirm this?
I'd take the bus to Epcot, Monorail over to the Poly and have a drink at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, then waltz on over to the beach area at the Poly or over to the TTC area Robo highlighted. Plan a couple of hours for that.

I will be in Orlando with a friend for a conference across the 4th of July. I am the trip planner for the two of us, and I'm trying to make sure to do the best I can. We will not have a rental car, so will be relying on Disney transportation from the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, where we will be staying.

We will be in meetings all day on the 4th of July, so will not be using park admission to enter any of the parks that night. I've read the above suggestions, but now I've read that only resort guests will have this option because CMs will scan magic bands.

Can anyone confirm this?

Every year... for years (I mean, for over a decade...) posters have claimed that the Poly would be checking for Poly IDs
for admission to the Poly beach on July 4th and Christmas Eve.

And every year, that has proven to be untrue.

But, this year, I'd not try the Poly beach due to the construction.
Pick one of the many other places that I showed in my previous post.

But, this year, I'd not try the Poly beach due to the construction.
Ah, yeah, good point about the construction.

But Trader Sam's is a construction-free zone. Go make your own fireworks there...

We have O'hana reservations in 2 weeks @7:45. I was planning on going to the beach area after dinner to get a good view of the fireworks. What construction is going on? Should I reconsider?

We have O'hana reservations in 2 weeks @7:45. I was planning on going to the beach area after dinner to get a good view of the fireworks. What construction is going on? Should I reconsider?

At the Poly... "What construction is NOT going on," is a better question. ;)

You likely will be able to find a decent spot on the Poly beach if you are not there during specifically busy (holiday) times. (In two weeks, you should be OK.)

Just be aware that much of the beach area now has been taken over by the new DVC
buildings set into the lagoon. (I labeled that area as "Closed for DVC."

Also, below the Poly map I've posted the wide area between TTC, the Poly and the GF.
You can walk along that long path to any area that offers an open view of the MK to watch the fireworks.

Poly-TTC-Reg_053015_zpsfug1iwhg.jpg

TTC-GF-Walk-Path_040815_zpsrxzti63q.jpg

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter