• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to watch fireworks outside of MK?

melliemelo

Mouseketeer
I did a quick search but did not see if this had been asked before.

We are staying offsite (Windsor Hills.) My girls (2 and 4) love looking at fireworks but they don't like the BOOM. I would really love to see the fireworks at MK because we skipped it the last few times we went to Disney.

So, where is a good spot to watch the fireworks so that we are far enough away from the loud pops? Can we go visit one of the resorts and watch from there? Or...?

Suggestions please! thanks!

I did a quick search but did not see if this had been asked before.

We are staying offsite (Windsor Hills.) My girls (2 and 4) love looking at fireworks but they don't like the BOOM. I would really love to see the fireworks at MK because we skipped it the last few times we went to Disney.

So, where is a good spot to watch the fireworks so that we are far enough away from the loud pops? Can we go visit one of the resorts and watch from there? Or...?

Suggestions please! thanks!

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly
pool.

That said, the volume level is so LOW that its nearly
inaudible.
It's been that way for years, and I don't know why.
:confused3

Poly-TTC-042408B.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Also from the Patio overlooking the Marina.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck-N_090308.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly,
and Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian.

I appreciate the info as well. We have a 7:30 ADR at Narcoossee's on a MNSSHP night, so I believe the fireworks will be at 9:30. I think we will still be eating at that point, but it's good to know the dock would be an option if we finish dinner on the early side.

My girlfriend and I watched from a hammock on the beach at Poly 2 nights while we were there just last week. Below is a link to video that I took. I believe it is the most "head on" view that there is from any of the resorts. Notice that while there is a delay in hearing the "booms," they are still a little bit loud, but definitely not as loud as they would be in the park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiHWDbHXD0U

is it ok to watch from the Poly beach, even if you aren't staying there? that sounds cool, but I'll definitely never be able to stay there...

Anyone can visit the resorts an enjoy the beaches, you just cannot use the different pools.
U can lay in the hammocs tho!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter