where to watch english soccer in wdw?

smw

Mouseketeer
my girl and i will want to watch the last tottenham match of the season while we're there at the end of may. isnt there a bar in england at epcot? seems like it might be an appropriate venue. anyone have any experience with watching there or elsewhere?

ESPN Club at the Boardwalk would be your best bet. The bar in the UK pavilion doesn't have a TV that I recall. :confused: We were in EPCOT last year during the World Cup and had lunch in the UK during the US vs. England match. They were sending everyone who inquired about the match to ESPN Club.

Hope this helps!

I agree, ESPN Club is the most likely place - assuming its on a carried channel. I don't offhand know if they get the Fox Soccer Channel (which shows a lot of the games).

You might need to ask them to turn it on if there is an available TV not tied up in the rest of the day's sports.

Hopefully it isn't an early morning (to us) game...I don't think ESPN Club opens until 11:30...

you are out of luck on disney property. Here in the US, espn only gets 1 epl game every fortnight.

Fox Soccer Channel is the epl channel, and you wont fond it on any of the disney world tv sets. sorry.

Go Fulham!

If you can't find anything, hit me up with a PM and I can tell you how you can find it if you have a computer and connection. It's not the same as a bar, but if that's all you got I know how you 'football' guys are.:thumbsup2

ugh. not the end of the world, but certainly an annoyance.

i dont suppose the resorts have fox soccer in the rooms, do they? or maybe a hotel bar open at 11 am with a satellite and a nice bartender?

ugh. not the end of the world, but certainly an annoyance.

i dont suppose the resorts have fox soccer in the rooms, do they? or maybe a hotel bar open at 11 am with a satellite and a nice bartender?

Rooms definitely don't have it. They pretty much only carry Disney-owned networks plus locals.

There might be places off-site...not familiar enough with the area myself.

get it on your computer and watch it down in the lobby of your hotel. I bet that you will have a small crowd gathered around before you know it!

There are quite a few British bars on I-Drive that usually have most the premier league games on. However I have never managed to find anywhere reliable on property that has them. ESPN is your best bet but it is usually hit or miss if premier league games are on and if they are will be on only 1 of the small TVs out of the 100s they have.

Although why you would want to depress yourself when at disney by watching Spurs I wouldn't know :-) Liverpool would be a different matter

you are out of luck on disney property. Here in the US, espn only gets 1 epl game every fortnight.

Fox Soccer Channel is the epl channel, and you wont fond it on any of the disney world tv sets. sorry.

Go Fulham!

Actually, that's not true. ESPN has an EPL game of the week every week that there are fixtures. ESPN has no matches during FA Cup or International weekends.

Come on you Spurs!

Come on you Spurs!

THIS.

I see you're in ny. We were there last summer to catch spurs playing in that tourney with man city and lisbon. We met up with a giant crowd of yiddos at a bar called pj o'rourkes beforehand. Great time!

espn.com streams a bunch of Premier League games now, but you never know which games they will carry. They also run La Liga , Serie A, and Ligue 1, so its luck of the draw as to whether you'll get Tottenham

That said, where are my Arsenal supporters?!?!?!

espn.com streams a bunch of Premier League games now, but you never know which games they will carry. They also run La Liga , Serie A, and Ligue 1, so its luck of the draw as to whether you'll get Tottenham

That said, where are my Arsenal supporters?!?!?!

Right here. Go Gunners!!!. I'll be wearing my old school Arsenal cap at Epcot on Tuesday.

my girl and i will want to watch the last tottenham match of the season while we're there at the end of may. isnt there a bar in england at epcot? seems like it might be an appropriate venue. anyone have any experience with watching there or elsewhere?

:headache:

Liverpool Reds all the way. Or as we call them here in Boston now, the Liverpool Red Sox... :)

My husband and I tried to watch a Liverpool game while at Disney last November. Everyone including the Disney Castmembers in England directed us to the ESPN Club. DONT RELY ON THIS. We walked all the way over there to find out that American football was on and no one was turning the channel so we could watch the game. This sux for any Liverpool fan not to mention a waste of time. I dont want anyone to get their hopes us to watch any European Football at Disney. Im not trying to be negative, just saying that you may want to try and plan on a friend DVRing it for you if possible.

To Doconeill-YNWA!!!:grouphug:

THIS.

I see you're in ny. We were there last summer to catch spurs playing in that tourney with man city and lisbon. We met up with a giant crowd of yiddos at a bar called pj o'rourkes beforehand. Great time!

I was at the Red Bulls match and very conflicted, since I support both teams. It was great seeing so much blue and white that night. One day, I'm going to get to White hart Lane before they tear the place down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter