• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to take Clothing for Earthquake Relief?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
I can't afford much financially, but do have some clothing hanging around that I can donate. Anyone know which organizations are taking clothes? I am in the Lower Mainland of BC.

Lollipop's Mom, how good of you to want to help in the Tsunami relief effort. I'm in Ontario, so I have no immediate answer for you, but I would suggest checking the phone book and calling a local chapter of the Red Cross. They should be able to direct you.

Everyone, if you're so inclined, please give what you can. This disaster is so enormous, so devastating, so heartbreaking.... :( It's almost impossible to really wrap one's mind around it. :(

Here's a link to various organizations you can contact.

Choosing how to send aid to South Asia

So much is desperately needed.

Kim

I think a financial contribution would get to them quicker than tangible goods would.. I know that all the major banks are taking money to go to red cross and this is where I made my contribution.
They also give a tax receipt on the spot and it makes me feel like I actually did something to help, it just looks so horrible over there and I can not imagine how horrible it is for them. :guilty:

In the paper this morning, they were talking about how difficult it is to get relief supplies to the people in the disaster areas because so many roads were wipped out, but they also commented that any help is appreciated. This is so devastating and heartbreaking - please help in any way you can.
Jo

Thanks. At this point I am more able to send 'goods'. My daughter has also chosen 3 of her toys to send to little girls. I will look into where to bring the stuff.

For those of you who collect Shopper's optimum points, you can also donate your points to a variety of charities (the Canadian Red Cross is one of them). I believe the charity can then go into Shopper's and use the points to buy whatever they need (I think). I'm not sure if the Red Cross would be buying supplies for the tsunami victims but it might be something to keep in mind for the other charities on the list.. :)

I would love to be able to send some of our stuff over their as well but started to realize the things I wanted to send are manufactured there or at least very close. I would think a donation of cash even in the smallest amount would be the best course of action. I would imagine it would cost more to send items such as clothes than it would be to send the cash three fold (maybe more). Hope I did not ruin your spirits but to send five bucks will cost pennies. but to send a five dollar shirt could cost dollars.

BUNNYFOO, how would one go about dontaing their optimum points? This is great for me, as money is really tight.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter