Where to stay?

lnhoog

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney in May with our 2 kids age 4 and 3.

We are trying to figure out where to stay. At the moment we are debating between Poly and the Contemporary. Which would you choose and why? I have also read things about AKL which sound nice. So, let me add another resort on...out of those 3, which would you pick and why?

We have stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside and loved that. We also stayed at the FW Lodge to. We loved that, but the rooms were a bit small for 4 people!

Since our kids are young, we will probably spend most of our time at MK.

Thanks for your help!
Lisa

I love the AKL and would pick that. It feels like you are in another worls. The decore of the rooms is cozy and exotic. Sitting on the balcony watching the animals is relaxing and fascinating. The kids would probably enjoy it. The rooms are much bigger at the Polynesian and Contemporary though and transport to and from the Magic Kingdom, where you may spend more time, is easier on the Monorail or boats at the Polyenesian and Contemporary. I would pick the Polynesian because it has a better theme, more beautiful gardens and decore (IMHO) than the Contemporary.

If your main park is the MK, the monorail resorts are great. I have read that the transportation at AKL is good too though.

We love the Poly - we have never stayed at the Contemporary. We like the theming of the Polynesian. The pool is also great at the Polynesian, but your kids might be a little young for the volcano pool slide. Some of the buildings at the Poly are currently being refurbished. That is also a plus. :D

... if you thought the rooms at WL were too tight for 4 people because they're the same size at AKL. I've read on the boards that the biggest rooms are at the Poly and CR, so I guess I'd go with one of these if you want to be close to the MK. Another great option would be BC or YC. They have a FABULOUS pool that your kiddies would adore called Stormalong Bay and the rooms are a bit bigger than at AKL and WL (they have a daybed in addition to 2 queens). These resorts are within walking distance to Epcot and MGM or you can take a boat to either park. There's tons of stuff to do in the Epcot area at night, which is great as well. All in all, I guess my decision would be between the Poly (because I've never been crazy about the overall feel of the CR) or BC/YC... I think you'd probably enjoy either of these options.

Have fun deciding,
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter