Where to stay??

rosie2283

Mouseketeer
Ok so now all of you have me thinking about where I had planned to stay. Originally I thought AoA (because of the family suites) now I am questioning it strictly because of how I've read of how far away it is from everything. We don't generally spend much time in our room. No naps needed with our crew (although mom could use one every once in a while :) ).

Strictly speaking convenience and size - we are a family of 5 including a 13 year old so 3 beds are a must, what do ya'll recommend?

Ok so now all of you have me thinking about where I had planned to stay. Originally I thought AoA (because of the family suites) now I am questioning it strictly because of how I've read of how far away it is from everything. We don't generally spend much time in our room. No naps needed with our crew (although mom could use one every once in a while :) ).

Strictly speaking convenience and size - we are a family of 5 including a 13 year old so 3 beds are a must, what do ya'll recommend?

If you need 3 beds you are somewhat limited. There are family suites at AoA, and ASMu for the values --these are the only two with two bathrooms; the Wilderness Cabins that sleep 6 and have 3 beds, and POR that has two queens and a child size murphy bed that would likely not suit the 13 year old.

For Deluxes, the BWI has a deluxe room that has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch, and the WL has a deluxe club level room with 2 queens and a pull out couch.

All of the deluxe resorts (with the exception of WL and AKL) accommodate 5 in a standard room. As for 3 beds, the Poly and CR are the only deluxes that guarantee a daybed as all rooms come with one, plus the rooms at those 2 resorts are some of the largest on property. For the GF, most rooms come with a daybed, while at the BC & YC, parties of 5 are given priority for a room with a daybed, but if one is not available they will give you a roll away. I think all rooms at the BWI come with a daybed, but I'm not 100% sure as we've never stayed there. As the pp stated, there are deluxe rooms at the BWI and WL that come with 2 queens and a queen size sleeper sofa. Good luck.

AoA is not that far... None of the resorts are. It may seem it is if you have stayed At a resort on the monorail loop.
I think you will be very happy at AoA .

If anything I would rent a car to get from resort to park... That will save time.
I always rent a car... It usually costs 200 for the week.. That's cheaper than a resort upgrade:)

We stayed at AOA in October. It really isn't that far away. It's really close to DHS and not too far from DTD and Typhoon Lagoon. If you are used to staying on the monorail, it will seem far away. I have stayed at AKL a few times and that seems pretty far away from everything except AK.

I think if you are not going to be spending time at your resort, then it won't matter all that much that it is a little farther away. Although staying closer is convenient, albeit more $$, I think that it really pays off the most when your touring "style" takes you back and forth to your resort several times a day for naps or pool, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter